It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collective Nouns. what kind of person came up with these, and who can coin the best new ones.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
After reviewing lists of collective nouns long forgotten from my every day life, Some friends and I had developed some of our own. Most are too offensive to post, but make much more sense than most of the existing ones, and most of the existing ones make as much sense as the Salem witch trials.

I am curious what kind of person(s) made these up. The ones we created made more sense, some were funny, and I would like to see some new ones coined. Feel free. I will post my favorite we created and a link, but may be too offensive here.

In the meantime,
a link to others suggested collectives
www.ojohaven.com...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here are two of my favorites, I hope they qualify...I can't wait to see what other people will post.

"A veritable cornucopia of knowledge"

"A panacea of cure-alls in medicine"

Oh and "plethora" seems to be quite popular now too in collective nouns, but unfortunately I can't think of any right now using it!

I didn't make them up but I use them sarcastically for laughs.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

[edit on 25-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
After reviewing lists of collective nouns long forgotten from my every day life, Some friends and I had developed some of our own. Most are too offensive to post, but make much more sense than most of the existing ones, and most of the existing ones make as much sense as the Salem witch trials.

I am curious what kind of person(s) made these up. The ones we created made more sense, some were funny, and I would like to see some new ones coined. Feel free. I will post my favorite we created and a link, but may be too offensive here.

In the meantime,
a link to others suggested collectives
www.ojohaven.com...
my favorite from source

A bongsuckling of white house staffers (-suggested by Daniel J. Lash, [email protected])

join