It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you point the finger at?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
With all the conspiracies about 9/11, it kind of makes it hard knowing what to believe. I've watched many documentaries, read websites, and reviewed posts on here. And to be honest, im confused as hell. Would a government really commit mass murder on it's own?
If so why do we put up with it?
And are we going to continue accepting that this is right?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sorry its not a inside job,not from cartoon on tv showing the planes...people at ground zero watched the planes go in.Simple they were hijacked by terrorist slammed into the twin towers.It is what it is.Ever hear of ocums razor?Where the simplest solution is usually the correct one.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It may be as simple as it's been presented -- that there were some Islamic extremist suicide bombers who hijacked planes and flew them into the buildings.

Or maybe not. But it wasn't the U. S. government. That however, doesn't mean that some government officials couldn't have been involved.

I generally accept the "official" explanation, but if there was a conspiracy I would strongly suspect an inside group of neocons did it to try to get the nation behind attacking Iraq. I say this because if you went to the the web site for the Project for a New American Century (which included a who's who of neocons, like Wolfowitz, Cheney, Richard Pearl, Bill Kristol, Donald Rumsfeld, Bill Bennett, Scooter Libby, etc.) and read their position papers on world affairs, it was obvious they were REALLY eager to attack Iraq back in the late 1990s. Their position was that this was something we were going to HAVE to do.

They also seemed to feel that establishing a democracy in Iraq would eventually solve all our middle eastern problems.

They just took the web site off line recently, but if you do a Google search you can still find quite a bit about them.

Now when I say I "suspect" them, I don't think they plotted this whole thing out. They might have, but I think the more likely case is that they found out about it in the planning stages, did nothing to stop it and might've even helped to facilitate it.

That having been said, as I mentioned I generally accept the "official" version, but I will also agree that there are quite a few unanswered questions.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by ClintK]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't actually point a finger at anyone.

From what I've seen, read, and can speculate, I've concluded, to my personal satisfaction, the following:

-Following the truck bomb attack on the World Trade Center (WTC) in the 90's, the US government recognized the unique danger posed by high-rise skyscrapers in densely populated areas. It also realized that the buildings presented a uniquely exploitable target to (terrorist) forces seeking to inflict violence and fear on the American public.

The unique risk these building presented?

If sufficiently damaged, by explosives utilized in a terrorist attack for example, they would have a tendency to topple over, crushing adjacent buildings and creating an even greater catastrophe!

The Government feared that the "terrorists" also were cognizant of this possibility (Osama Bin Laden was trained as a civil engineer afteralll, and his fammily has long been experienced in the construction trades).

In an effort to blunt this threat, the US governemnt secretly consulted with demolitions experts, primarily from the military, to help ensure operational security. Their goal:

Develop and impliment a plan whereby every "High-Value" skyscraper in the country, likely to be targeted by terrorist bombers, could be safely "brought down" by controlled demolitions, prepostitioned within the building's structure by teams of experts, and triggered by executive command.

Such a plan could reduce the loss of life and property damage incurred should such an attack threaten the structural integrity of, say, the WTC.

-"The Plan" as it were, would of course have to kept with the utmost secrecy; it was expected that no civilian would ever want to work in a building that "Rigged-to-Implode at the touch of a button" somewhere.

How could the owners of a rigged building expect to qualify for the insurance coverage neccesary to open the building.. Who'd be liable if something went wrong with the system?

There were 1000 questions, and no good answers. but The Plan had to be implimented, and soon. because the intelligence services were reporting that the threat was growing.

-On September 11, 2001 the threat became reality, in spectacular fashion. And as emergency crews raced to evacuate the trapped and injured, the Plan was readied. When it became obvious that the damage inflicted by the terrorist-guided "missle-planes" (Yes, I do believe that there were planes) threatened to cause at least a partial, uncontrolled collapse of the towers, the order to execute the Plan was given.

And almost 3000 people died.

Had the towers been allow to topple on their own, even partially, how many more would have been trapped and/or killed? We'll never know.

But this, to my mind, is the real "Conspiracy" encircling 9/11: It could happen again.

A skyscraper in NY, Houston, Chicago, LA , San Francisco, wherever. A bomb. A terrible decision. And another, strangely fortunate total collapse killing tens, hundreds, thousands; but NOT spreading destruction, like falling dominoes, beyond its own horrible footprint.

Of course, opportunistic politicians can turn any tragedy into a platform; 9/11's politicalization into an invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq was just the latest example of that process.

There will be others.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
the whole issue goes back to the "let it happen vs made it happen" stalemate..

www.oilempire.us...

we can't agree on whether or not a plane hit the pentagon..

www.pehi.eu...

look at all the names of those who support a no plane theory..

www.pehi.eu...

and the big smoking gun WTC7..can't even be absolutely explained..
so much crap there taken out of context..

www.debunking911.com...

as long as we keep resisting evidence that we don't want to hear, there won't ever be anything to point at..

the divide and conquer game has done its job..objective reason has lost out..all the bogus info came out right away, and most jumped on the bandwagon..and refused to look back..

yea loose change!!! (sarcasm)

the "let it happen on purpose" scenario seems more and more plausible every day..

~pccat

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to believe that the current administration does not have the capability to attack its own citizens for its own agenda?

In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.
- Source

So here we have the US Government in the early 1960's drafting a plan to commit acts of terrorism or should i say an illusion of terrorism to enter a war with Cuba with support of the American people.

America's top military brass even contemplated causing U.S. military casualties, writing: "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," and, "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."

This was in the 60's now fast forward to 2001. You think it is not capable with today's technology, weapons, covert operations and tactics to fulfil an agenda far greater than that of Operation Northwood. I think it is. All you need is a corrupt leader a few "patsies" and a select few of official government and military officials who go along with the same agenda and bobs your uncle - Mission Accomplished!

Now if you read through history, government sponsored terrorism has been going on for centuries.

Nero the great roman emporer did constructed a plan with the great fire of rome in 64 A.D. Nero wanted to build a series of palaces which he planned to name Neropolis but unfortunately the planned location was in the city. In order to construct his palaces a portion of Rome would have to be torn down. The senate rejected the idea. Then coincidentally, the fire cleared the real estate Neropolis required. Nero blamed his enemies, a Christrian cult and so on and so forth.

Then we fast forward to the year 1898 when elites within the US government falsely accused Spain of blowing up the USS Maine in order to shift the American people into a flag waving frenzy which resulted in the Spanish American War. The explosion killed 266 men, without waiting on any form of investigation, America’s main stream media blamed the tragedy on Spain and beat the drums for war with Spain. The US yielded to public pressure and signed a congressional resolution declaring war on Spain.

The economic slump following the year 1929's thorough and convincing near obliteration of Wall Street hit worldwide. It hit the Japanese very hard: exports fell, unemployment rose, Tokyo Disneyland shut down well it would have shut down but it wasnt around yet Mickey Mouse only being a few months old and all. Japan not being rich in natural resources if you don’t include wasabi lol, needed oil and coal.

The country needed this oil and coal to make power to run machines to produce goods to sell to other countries to make money to buy food to have enough energy to get up early on Monday and do it all over again. Manchuria a city of China had its fair share of oil and coal. Guess what happened next?

The year is 1931, Japan wanted to invade further into other Asian countries. So in a brilliant display of government sponsered terrorism, Japan blew up its own railway and said, “Um Oh well hmmm…China did it! Yeah, that’s the ticket. It was China, instead of going to the beach, we gotta go kick their butts out of Manchuria."

Now in 1933 just a week before general elections that might place enough Nazis in office to make Hitler a dictator the Reichstag Building which housed the parliament of Germany was coincidently set on fire. It wasnt just a waste bin variety fire either, by the time the firemen and police arrived the Reichstag was a smoking hegemonic inferno.

Continued...

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Conspiracy Realist]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Der Fuhrer of the Nazi party and the famous Adolf Hitler assured everyone that communist terrorists started the fire. Hitlers partner in villainy Hermann Goring said he had secret evidence that would soon be made public evidence that proved Communists did it. These claims came on top of weeks of Nazi organized street violence designed to whip the public into a pathological fear of communists.

Guess what happened the next day? The Nazis convinced a senile President von Hindenburg to sign the Reichstag Decree. The decree, using defense against terrorism as an excuse, suspended just about every major civil liberty set forth in the Weimar Constitution: habeus corpus (the right to know why youre being put into jail) Gone. Freedom of opinion? Gone. Freedom of the press? Gone....Not any more. Freedom to organize and assemble? You gotta be outta your Commie paranoid skull - without a doubt....gone.

The Reichstag decree even allowed the government to spy on its own citizens personal mail and telephone conversations without a warrant…something most Americans today could hardly begin to fathom (at least before President George W. Bush signed a secret order in 2002 ordering the National Security Agency to do just exactly the same thing.)

Now you can go on living your life blindly following what your Government spews out as Gospel or you can look in the mirror...with dead silence present... and BELIEVE that the current administration, military industrial complex and the corporate media continue to lie on a daily basis for the acts committed by your Government on September 11th 2001.

Read up on: "The Patriot Act, The Patriot Act 2, The Millitary Commissions Act, PD511, Executive Order 199i, The National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive." And there is more! Hell with that last one its too serious, Bush is denying Congressman the ability to review his new directive which states how the government will operate after the event of the next "inevitable" terrorist attack! Can you say....Martial Law? I hope you like Germany.

"Reverend Martin Niemoeller-
In Germany, the Nazis first came for the communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, but I didn't speak up because I was a protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak for me."

"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men. If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality."

Peace

CR

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Conspiracy Realist]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Who to point the finger at? I don't believe any one person or party can be to blame. I also don't believe that the current U.S. government doesn't have blood on their hands from that day. It was too convenient for the government for it to have been entirely planned and executed by an outside party. Here's a blog which I came across that makes some interesting, valid points about 9/11. Do I believe it all? No, but I do not dismiss it either, it presents valid points which get one thinking.

georgewashington.blogspot.com...

A quick summary of interesting points I've come across on this blog:
- a plane crashing into the tower would alone NOT have enough impact to bring the towers down, even when considering the amount of fuel and heat being thrown at the structure. The highest possible temperatures which could be achieved from this impact would not be enough to melt/collapse reinforced steel

-as above mentioned, the tower collapsed into its own frame, the probability of that happening...unaided...is very low, next to impossible

- the patriot act was in the works before 9/11, and under any other circumstances would never have been put into place - because the American people would never accept such outrageous tampering with their rights if not under such conditions of perceived threat

- there are indicators of it having been a false flag for attacking the middle east

- there was a third building that went down on that day, world trade center 7, which of course no one heard about because it was not actually hit by a plane but went down in an almost identical fashion as the twin towers, and would have generated too many questions if it was made to be common knowledge

...and the list goes on. When looking at all these little details holistically, the question of who to blame becomes a little blurred. When you look at it, there were many benefactors. The current administration benefited by being able to exert greater power over the population. The oil industry benefited through better access to oil, and many many other industries benefited through the contracts handed out to rebuild a destroyed Iraq. This whole subject has an almost surreal quality to it in my mind, I mean how can a single event be so convenient to so many if there was only one person or group of people to blame?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Just think about America with the Vietnam war, a war that the Americans really didnt need to be apart of, they sent their troups in (including Aussie troups as we are allies) to fight an unknown enemy. The CIA was making money selling drugs to the Viet Cong. Another example the bombing of the America Embassy in South Africa, when the Monika Lewinsky affair had happened with Clinton......a coincedence that this happened at the same time? Or maybe a convenient way to remove the attention of the American public......

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It all comes to depopulation, the NWO want 500 million or less. Even the georgia guidestones say this.

They will take many steps (like 9/11) to get the ball rolling, reason to amass enough nukes to take a nice chunnk out of the planet....

Yes. they want the whole planet for themselves. nuff said

"sharing is caring"....not for them it aint

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Herbal Oli]

join