It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Asprin (1946-2008)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Bob died in his sleep (massive heart attack) Thursday afternoon at his apartment in New Orleans. He was to be the guest of honor at Marcon this weekend. For all his rough edges, he was pure gold inside.
www.mythadventures.net...

As Shakespeare said, he "should have died hereafter. There would have been time for such a thing."

The last time I saw him we were at a Dallas convention, and he had his new book with him in manuscript form (about dragons who have become humans.) He let me read it (I read over 600 words per minute), and I sat in the bar with him as the people and conversation flowed around us... people joining us and drifting away, drinks and cigarette smoke and talk weaving over and around my senses as I read. He would teasingly reach out a hand to take the notebook and I would bat him away. I chuckled at the funny lines and teased him about the women who were dragons. Long, long ago he gave me my nickname, "Little Dragon."

The world feels so very much smaller today.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Byrd!

How fine it is to see where you are posting, even on such a sad note. I guess I haven't seen your posts in a while, and concluded that you had left this fine establishment.

Wish I had had the opportunity to know Mr. Asprin... Extremely good writer. One might say extremely gifted, and you are right... The world is a much smaller place today.

My sympathies and condolences on the personal loss.

new topics

join