It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House panel subpoenas Rove

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

House panel subpoenas Rove

www.cnn.com

The House Judiciary Committee on Thursday served a subpoena on former top Bush aide Karl Rove, the panel announced.

The committee ordered Rove to appear July 10 to testify on allegations he was a key player in pressing the Justice Department to dismiss some U.S. attorneys and to prosecute Democrats.

Current and former White House aides have refused to testify, citing executive privilege.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We'll have to see how MC Rove handles this one. I don't think he can afford to appear and tell the truth, so I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I doubt it means much at all. He will probably get away scot-free just like the last TWO times he was tried to be held under arrest by the form of "citizens' arrest". Bush most likely with tell him not to testify just like Meyers and Bolton. They may again have to vote to hold him in contempt as they did with Meyers and Bolton, but it doesn't matter...they are above the law...nothing is bringing them down but a vigilante bullet.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
John Conyers, the one responsible for the subpoena, has vowed that if Rove refuses to testify, Conyers will go after him. We'll see if that happens, I'm not holdling my breath. But I'd sure like to see that little weasel behind bars.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I doubt he will be held accountable to any serious legal standard in the current DC environment. He knows all the secrets and where all the bodies are buried, so to speak. The whole scam would probably come unravelled and the government would fall if he started telling the truth. He will go on doing as he pleases for the time being; Fox analyst, behind-the-scenes McCain adviser, pride of the assimilated Lebensborn program.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If any charges are filed against Rove now, or any other Bush Admin Official, wouldn't Bush just be able to pardon them at the end of his term? If so... I would like to see them NOT make any charges until Bush is out of office.

I just pray we get to the elections and inauguration.
yr

[edit on 23-5-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It is a big Catch-22 trying to hold this administration, and our federal government in general, accountable for their actions. For the most part, it seems they have legislated immunity for themselves and their cronies. When some underling does go down, like Libby, the sentence is commuted by our illustrious President.

I have a feeling there will be some major revelations of significant wrongdoing soon, though. There are just too many instances of questionable and suspect behavior coming to light. Someone, somewhere has irrefutable proof to back up one of these major allegations, and it will probably come out either just before or just after the November elections.

The November elections pose an historic opportunity for the people to affect change in DC. The entire Congress, and 70 Senate seats, are up for re-election. This is our chance to elect Representatives, Senators and a President (hopefully) who will overturn the status quo of corruption and cronyism that has defiled our nation's capitol.

new topics

top topics

join