It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A kid at my school just got STABBED

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sticksandstones

It was a fairly bad incident, but I have to admit, the "Bully" had it coming. The media went a bit overboard, portraying every student at the school as a knife-wielding maniac. The kid shouldn't get out of punishment, but the "Bully" should probably get something as well, i mean, half the s*** he's done in the past... he had a go at me and my family in FNE the same week he got stabbed.... oh yea, I am a year 10 at the school.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is why my son will learn that on the very first instance of bullying he is to march up to the bully and proceed to beat his ass. That is how you get through to bullies, is with force.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki

that's pretty naive. no one's going to bully your kid if your kid could beat them up. that's not how it works.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yes it is.

A bully don't want resistance. If the bully knows he is going to get hurt (win or loose) he will move on to weaker prey (someone who won't fight back).

This stems from lack of discipline in the schools. The faculty is unable to do about anything in the "corrective" sense as everyone wants to sue.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have seen first hand teachers letting and even encouraging it to happen! I was a big kid and never personally bullied but I see it go on ALL THE WAY THOUGH EVERY YEAR OF SCHOOL! From grade 1 when one kid steals another kids lunch treat and threatens to "beat you up if you tell" to High school when some kids get humiliated,taunted to the point of suicide which happens alot on youths.

People can just be stupid and arrogant especially if they see the same mentality at home. I am glad I fought back to bullies as they are truly cowards and have seen them break down crying many times when the tables get turned. I also work part time as a door man at a nightclub and I see bullies of the worst kind who look for the weak in order to inflict real pain just to make themselves look like a "toughguy". A few weeks into the summer we had to toss out a beligerint drunk who was totaly being an ass to people because he thought he was a muscle man and after we (the bouncers) tossed em with a little fight that ended in him gettin a super hard kick in the chins from my steel toe shoes and a left from the other bouncer he actually looked like he was going to cry! Well guess what he did immediatly after, he tried to beg for forgivness and apologized THEN HE WALKED 20 FEET AWAY AND ATTACKED ANOTHER PERSON WHO WAS SMALLER THEN RAN OFF!

Yes violence suck but imo it also sucks to let bullies think they can bullie cause all my point is is that it just escalates into more serious offences.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by malganis

The Psychology of bullying is all in appearance and posturing.

The majority of bullies have no idea what to do with a person who won't allow themselves to be bullied.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki

and the physicality of bullying is in size and strength. ever wonder why it's usually the big kid that goes round bullying people? because even if the small kid stands up for himself, the big bully can just punch him in the face.

sorry it doesn't sound like some Disney movie with a happy ending for the underdog, but that's just how it is.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Bully had it coming. Absolutely no sympathy from me.

Having been out of HS for a couple years, the bullying I've seen remains fresh in my mind.

I've seen both verbal and phsyical bullying, and they can get pretty ugly. I had to step in a few times.

There was this one kid in my Junior HS that I could have sworn was on the verge of snapping from the abuse he recieved. This was when Columbine was only a year or two ago. I was getting concerned that it was only a matter of time before our school made headlines as the location of the latest school massacre. Thankfully that never happened.

While I don't condone the stabbing, I do condone self defence. I hope this bully will think twice before he tries to torment any more kids.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
reply to post by malganis

The Psychology of bullying is all in appearance and posturing.

The majority of bullies have no idea what to do with a person who won't allow themselves to be bullied.

I just don't see how you don't allow yourself to be bullied.. The bullies who were in my school would always pick on some of the other kids. What were those kids supposed to do, even if they ignored them the bullies would just keep on to them. Then if one of the bullied kids fought back half the time they would be the ones who get the punishment. Then the bullying would continue. And if one of the bullied kids told any of the staff, they would get bullied even more afterwards. There wasn't really much they could do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join