It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Minimum wage adjust with inflation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
As I was thinking about gas prices and such, it occurred to me that even though gas prices are at an all time high, the price adjusted rate for inflation makes it as expensive when it was in 1981 at its all time high, actually we have surpassed that point:

www.randomuseless.info...

The cost of living is going up, it is getting harder and harder to save especially for those people working minimum wage. So I was thinking should the minimum wage change every month with inflation (or whatever is the best period). This way as prices go up, the wage goes up by the same amount.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
So that prices can go up and the wage can go up and the cycle can repeat. The whole cycle makes no sense! The government seems to think it does. I mean, we have to raise wages so that the working class can try not to starve but right now, it isn't working. If minimum wage stayed the same and prices went up, the homeless numbers would skyrocket, and I could go on. You follow me!

Anyhow, it's a cycle, prices go up and wages go up. It's a given. It makes some sense but I do not think minimum wage has gone up near enough for the working class!

Cheers!

new topics

join