It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need ATS Advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Calling all ATS writers!
If you happen to look at my posts and/or threads, you would soon find out that most of my posts/threads have been in BTS forums...
I want to change that and become an ATS'er as well as a BTS'er
The problem is that I don't know all too much about conspiracy and whatnot, so when I do want to post about something it looks stupid to me and I don't post it.
I want someone to help me master the ATS forums, whatever you can tell me will help

I think I'm a good writer, but without information, I don't know what to type...

Please help!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm afraid the best ATs'er, is a great reader and researcher, and nothing short of that.
That would be for starting threads, anyway.
What is stopping you from reading threads, and contributing your opinion?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I guess nothing is really stopping me, it's just that when I see other people's replies that are like, amazing, I feel dumb posting something like, "You're right...good find" or something like that

Where are some good places to research? Or do you just use Google or something?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by louiekid333
I guess nothing is really stopping me, it's just that when I see other people's replies that are like, amazing, I feel dumb posting something like, "You're right...good find" or something like that

Where are some good places to research? Or do you just use Google or something?

For starters, read what you are most interested in.Form your own opinions about what you read. Ask questions if you have them.
THAT is what keeps a thread going.
Sometimes I see amazing responses that make me go "WOW!".
So I keep reading the thread. I LEARN from that. I ADD to my knowledge.
That my friend is what ATS is all about.
That is how you DENY IGNORANCE.
Go to a forum that interests you, and dive right in.
Whatever floats your boat.
I have seen some kick ass questions posed in a thread that gets 3 replies, and a silly thing posted gets 4 pages sometimes.
A lot depends on what's else is moving around on the boards at the time, and what members are interested in.
It's a 50/50 chance a thread will be a success or not.
Those stats may be incorrect, but you get the idea.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by louiekid333

Yea basicaly what Access said.
Ill add to that by saying you should hop on there and find the threads you are interested in and read through them. From page 1 to page 200 if thats how long it goes. Then from your own ideas and ask lots of questions.
Oh... and respect other people opinions.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Good try louiekid333. But....no matter how ignorant and naive you may try to appear you are not convincing me.

How do I come to this conclusion? I researched every thread you authored. You have no problem finding information. You are bright and intelligent. Why the innocent lamb act?

I mean you no disrespect, I just find it impossible to believe you do not know how to find information. Knowing where to find answers to your questions is one of the most important bits of knowledge you will ever possess.

Surely there must be a subject you are passionate about in the threads of ATS. Pick one and roll with it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I didn't mean I don't know how to research in general...
I just meant I don't know much about conspiracies or UFO's or anything like that...thanks for the compliments though

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Your problem is that you are assuming that you need to know what you talking about to post on ATS, many people that post in ATS DONT KNOW WHAT THEY TALKING ABOUT!!!
........ but they sound smart though.

I do feel what you saying and I wil say this, you can not force yourself to like a certain topic or not, but what you can do is to star reading here and there and see if you develop an interest for anything in particular.

And like other said, ask quesstions!!!, thats what I do anyways, and if you dont want to ask questions on a thread, then just send a U2U. or do you own research.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Ok I'll remember that...Make stuff up and sound smart about it...
lol

top topics

join