It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you think UFO disclosure would come about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How do you think UFO disclosure would come about?
Do you think like I do that through eventual exposure without a definite
official answer?
Or is everybody waiting for an official answer USAF no matter the opinions
of other governments and institutions around the world.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think if it comes at all itll be from the UN.Then each country's goverment will confirm it.I also belive itll be disclosed not because theyll want us to know,itll be because theyll have no choice.First theyll have to get religous leaders on board this imo will be one of the toughest hurdles.I belive we are being conditioned now as we speak so imo the public will be shocked but not so suprised of the idea that aliens are out there.Now heres the biggie,they will have to explain to us the abduction thing.Most of us will be pissed about that.They will have to explain(if the rumors are true) about why they have been working with some of them for so long.So in a nutshell itll come down from the UN i think,but unless the aliens themselfs tell us "everything" dont count on the goverments of the world to tell us all the little details.Think about how we would deal with the fact that our goverments knew about abductions allowed it to happen.Even if there was nothing they could do about it the fact that they kept us in the dark about is gonna be the toughest hurdle.A lot of folks with missing love ones will blame the aliens and the goverments.So it wont be like Star Trek where we welcome them all with open arms.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tricky63

I think Tricky has a point, especially as it relates to the US Gov't and those in the 'shadows' that wish to continue suppression, after 6 decades.

The complicity of those who consider themselves 'above' the Constitution, in the case of the USA, or 'above' citizen's rights in other countries, will be the major impediment to allowing the actual truth to be revealed. Too many skeletons in the closets, so to speak.

What I predict, though...even IF (a big IF) anything is 'revealed', it will be a 'drip, drip, drip' and will get lost in the continued mainstream obsession with 'American Idol' or Britney Spears....or Kevin Federline falling off a cliff in Malibu....whatever pop-culture event shows up will make people say 'Ho, hum' about aliens....they'll yawn, think it's interesting, and move on to gossip and wonder about the aliens' sex lives....

editing to add....I think though this is a new thread, there's a fairly similar one as well....can they be merged??

[edit on 5/21/0808 by weedwhacker]

third thought to add...all of the foregoing should point out to those thinking it is best to hide this knowledge for fear of a 'backlash' should realize the short attention span of the public today...let it out!

[edit on 5/21/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
How about 8/8/8 at the Olympics..Eyes of the world on games.. The UFOs do flyby. Govs of the world have no choice - disclose what they know.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Disclosure will NEVER happen.

If aliens came tommorrow and said "we've been here for the past 50 years" the Gov't will say "we didn't know" and make the scientific community gather data from square 1.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

Crab...yup, it will be CYA all the way....finger pointing, 'They warned me to stay silent or they'd kill my family' excuses....more and more obfuscation, denials, outright lying....until the masses got tired of it, as I've said before, and the furor dies down.....short memories in the public's minds....sad.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It'll be slow. We could be in the early stages of "disclosure" right now. (Though I'm sure there are many details we may never know.) Unless something big happens that can't be denied.... then disclosure would be kinda fast.

Originally posted by Crabmeat
If aliens came tommorrow and said "we've been here for the past 50 years" the Gov't will say "we didn't know" and make the scientific community gather data from square 1.

It would probably be something like that. The existence of visiting aliens would be disclosed, but not too much else.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
(accidental double post. delete this.)

[edit on 21-5-2008 by GrayFox]

top topics

join