It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you on the list?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Government Surveillance Homeland Security Main Core

The Last Roundup
Is the government compiling a secret list of citizens to detain under martial law?

This article discusses the possibility of there actually being a list that we have long dreaded, the laws seem to be pushing in their favor and i expect this to come as more propaganda is spewed out.

Is this just paranoia or is ATS just a list in itself?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
yes i believe i'm on the list not for actions that i have taken but for my conspiracy nutter of a husband.
thanks honey!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think that everyone is on 'the list'. It only makes sense. Keeping track, and being able to keep track, of individuals would seem pretty necessary to just about every government. What is a 'threat'? A one-dimensional 'rank' is simplistic and inefficient. Threats must be measured from many different dimensions and directions. Whether a government has any business doing so is another question. I'd imagine 'threat rankings' are dynamic and much more graduated than commonly thought. Paranoia about 'lists' is useless, especially since there's so much information available if people want to look for it. In fact, paranoia is counter-productive, as it can impede rationality -- paradoxically making someone more of a 'threat', from some perspectives.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm on the list. From the freedom of information act, I requested to know if I was on the list. About 10 days later, got a statement stating I was on the list!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If there is such a list then I think most of us are on it. Any ATS 'veteran' is surely gonna be on there for one reason or another.

I have 4 years of anti-government postings under my belt here, so it's all upto the 'list people' if I am deemed a threat or not. If it ever does come to being rounded up, I'm sure there are those far more dangerous than a guy on the internet.

At least, I hope so.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm sure there is some vault under FBI Cyber Divison Headquarters and some file in the White House that contains the names of thousands and thousands of people. I'm acually quite sure that it may contain 200,000+ people.

I'm even sure enough to say that eaceh person is assigned a threat level, and that most have tabs kept on them. Since the goverment is probally keeping tabs on my old veteran accont that sadley enough I cannot recover, but now, they can't find me

With the powers the goverment has been given, they can acually legally track your every movment. I bet my life that ATS has its own section on their database! My reasonings behind this are simple:

My would terrorists be surfing the web handing out threats? Bet they are not. Why would the goverment spend money survallinceing criminals? Thats the states job.

So, we are looking for some "danger" to national security online, that is not the average Joe, is not a terrorist, and is not a local criminal/sexual predetor.

Who else? The people who conspirate asgaint them, saying all the bad stuff they do. US. I bet we are one of the main reasons behind this electronic surveillance.

Here is a link to a very intresting article about this:
moderate.wordpress.com...

So I would say that most everyone that has posted something anti-goverment or anti-NWO or something along those lines might be in there. But there is no way to tell unless we push through some huge freedom of Information Act.

Anyways, a little food for though

Peacemaker33

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I know i'm not on the list, it's all you who oppose and rebel against the NWO that are on the list...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Nice to see some certainty.

Converts and zelots can be the most dangerous, however -- as you rightly point out, due to the fact that when their belief system is shaken, from a dissonance between what they believe and embrace, and what they eventually can no longer ignore observing, it proves to be brittle. Something to be aware of.

That applies across the board, of course.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

In my opinion i think you under estimate these people, you are just a little pawn in quest of world domination, they will use you for all your worth and spit you out along side the rest of us.

new topics

top topics

join