It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist (The Movie) is based on half-truths and inaccuracies:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hello,

I know many here regards Zeitgeist movie with high value, and therefore I am in unfortunate position for having to debunk parts of this respected movie; but after downloading program called 'Stellarium' and committing some researching into Zeitgeists claims with the help of that program, I need to publish something that I found out:

Stellarium revealed, that when looking the sun and stars at christmastime (between 21 - 25 of december), the events are quite opposite to claims stated in Zeitgeist. Instead the three kings following Sirius and Sun, they both follow three kings, no matter how you look it. Besides, the stars are not in perfect alignment (altho nearly aligned) to each other and the sun. They must have looked the sky in specific year, as the precise location of stars vary a bit. Furthermore it was stated in Zeitgeist (sorry, I can't remember this word to word): "...when looked from northern hemisphere, the southern crux appears in vicinity of the sun", well, according to stellarium, it remains below the horizon all the time, and therefore it cannot be seen.

I am now in lack of time to type in a comprehensive post, but I recommend everyone to download Stellarium (open source) who are interested in this and research the matter by themselves. It is quite accurate program based on VSOP-system that is a mathematical model for stars movement in the sky.

For those who cannot research this by themselves, I will later (within a week or so) post some images from the Zeitgeist the movie to compare them with the images got from Stellarium. Until then!

Sincerely,

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I think maybe some of the research in that movie was a bit off. It was a great movie, though, because of the philisophical ideas that it makes people think about. There's much more to truth than just firing facts out. I think whoever made the video had honest intentions, and his message still remains valid.

There is something very wrong with our society, our civilization, our economy, our countries, and our systems of belief.

There is something missing, and something in which we have to reboot and reprogram ourselves to be able to understand. This is why fact firing doesn't do anythging for me anymore. Until your system reboots, you will not fully be able to understand nor accept with honesty what is really happening.

I can't even tell you what is really happening because I honestly don't know. I can tell you that it's not what we're told. I have had enough experiences to be sure of that. I know where it's headed in the end, but I can't tell you that because it's not something you can tell. You just have to experience it.
Until you experience knowing, you will never know.

You can fact-check all you want and never get to the truth.

That's why it's important not to be so focused on facts, and listen more to messages. It sounds backwards... but it's just how it is. Facts are always changing, anyway, if you think about it.

Don't shoot the messenger just yet.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The reason you can tell Zeitgeist isn't full truth is pretty simple, to me.

Sure, they give all these anomalies, synchronicities, similarities, and relate differing religions and past events with each other, but to what end? what is the ultimate message, according to the creator of Zeitgeist, while explaining that there has been a massive job being pulled on everyone since the beginning of the 1st religion until this day? The end all be all, from what I recall from the video, was that all of these religions and ancient cultures used all this deep and vague symbolism JUST to predict, or show, that there will be a cross pattern in our sky, Earth's sky, made up of various heavenly bodies? And that the "son" is the SUN? This is all the maker of Zeitgeist can conclude, from all of that information used in the video, all of those secret symbolisms and connections betwixt religions and ancient pagans and such.. like Egyptians, Christians, Jews, and everyone else you could throw into the mix?

I've seen through that video since the start, and my faith in another 'world', dimension, heaven, whatever, where the source of matter and the source of free will in men emanates from, aka "God", isn't even what some would call "rock solid" ; I have only been a bonafied "believer" without a doubt for 4 to 5 years. Before that I was Deist/Humanist/Agnostic, and kinda sorta thought we truly are a freak occurrence by random happenings, chains of events on the cosmic level which led to the formation of our galaxy, then our sun, then our planet, then us. THEN we got free will, seperate from all other animals on this planet. Our level of "true" free will is not comparable to a single mammal on this planet, not primates, nor any ape, nor any whale, nor any dolphin. The best of the best pale in comparison when free-will is the indicator.

When dolphins begin remaining stationary for hours in the same spot, heads above water to have constant oxygen supply, floating in the water because they "decided to take a breather", and then strike up an oratory conversation with the other dolphins that have also used free will to decide on their own accord to stop swimming, this being obviously foreign to their natural movements .. which are to swim, and only come up for brief moments for air; when that happens, then I will believe we are not unique, nor created. Before you try to say .. "runetang, this comparison is retarded?!", think of it as this. Human beings go into the ocean and purposefully keep themselves underwater, with only 2 lungs full of air, for as long as they can without fainting or dieing, JUST to see how long they can last. Now that is what I call free will, and you KNOW nothing else on Earth has that. We can even choose to murder ourselves, no other mammal will kill itself on purpose, not even if it is immensely wounded and suffering. Remember, I said suicide .. not killing another like-animal. But I am getting off topic.

[edit on 5/19/2008 by runetang]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

i agree with you. while the facts of the movie may be somewhat inconsistent, it still is a good thought provoker.

for me, regardless the halftruths and inconcisties, it clearly demonstrates-- amongst other sources i've seen-- that there are common basis for religions.. but i say it is more like true belief-- or at least the most original one-- in which past and present religions are all based.

but back to the zeitgeist.. the 'facts' presented in it, like the allegoration of horus, jesus, buddha and so on (i think there were like 10+ 'christs' that they presented, claiming them all having similarities like 12 disciples / brothers, virgin birth, star in the east, and what ever-- well, according to the original sources, it is very hard-- or would i say wishful-- to make them as similarities in their stories. not many of them (according to other sources) has for example had a virgin birth. also the ressurrection claims are bullshut in the movie.

but nevertheless, its a decent movie with a thoughtful message that people should consider - but not to hold it's facts as a truth. it is merely an interpretation or a theory, and it seems its not even based on real facts but mere hyphotesis.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Geemor]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Elephants have been known/documented to commit suicide by standing on their trunk, and cutting off air supplies. Scorpions commit suicide, although, they aren't really animals. Some species of Salmon commit suicide after they give birth. Its been known that many species of birds will just stop flying, and literally drop dead from the sky. Many whales and Dolphins will commit suicide by beaching themselves. Its been recorded many times that after a master of a dog or cat dies, that the animal will refuse to eat, or in other words, kill itself from starvation.

There is actually plenty of cases where animals will kill themselves, you just have to look. Its harder to find out, cause it most likely has to be observed, due to humans being unable to communicate with animals.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by TravisT]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Eu tambem conferi com o Stellariu e nada bateu!!!

new topics

top topics

join