It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significance of 18

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Does anyone know the significance of the number 18? Give me all and any kinds of details please. I already know like 3+6+9=18...thank you

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

In Chinese tradition, the number 18, normally 十八 (shí bā), can also be read as 幺八 (yāo bā), which sounds like 要发 (yào fā), meaning that one is going to prosper. Thus, building floors numbered "18" are often very expensive in China

The Hebrew word for "life" is חי (chai), which has a numerical value of 18. Consequently, the custom has arisen in Jewish circles to give donations and monetary gifts in multiples of 18 as an expression of blessing for long life.

Both from the always wise wikipedia. I didn't know that there was any significance to the number except that you can drink in the UK and that your tried as an adult in the court of law in the states.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
18=666
6+6+6= 18

18:18
and were crying out as they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, 'What city is like the great city?

Revalation 18 - Babylon Is Fallen

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You can also find in occult chemistry (Leadbeater/ Besant/Jinarajadara) that the most abundant element in the universe - hydrogen has 18 'anu' (the fundamental, indivisible particle of matter (for example: O contains 290 anu, N contains 261 anu). So, the H was taken as standard/'ultimate atoms in H, for other elements, an divided by 18 in order obtain an estimate of the atomic weight of the other elements.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
18 is an incredibly important number as it directly follows 17. Without it we wouldn't be able to count to 19 or beyond. We never would have been able to master huge numbers and hence is indirectly linked to man's technological capabilities.

Also 18 is exactly a dozen and a half. if you google "dozen and a half" you will get a link to a blog about a handgun called the 9mm tac-five. Coincidence that one in each hand equals 18mm? I think not! Anyway that is a clear sign that everyone should have the right to bear arms.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
as someone stated before 6+6+6 (666)=18. You're a legal adult, and can buy cigarettes, lotto tickets, etc, when you're 18 in the US. There's an emocore band called Eighteen Visions. Just search "18" on Wikipedia for more info. Why the interest in 18, by the way?

top topics

join