It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus's A380 "super-jumbo"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
'Super-jumbo' engine delivered

The engines have been specially adapted for use on an A340-300 jet in Toulouse in order for them to be flight tested. These checks are designed to prove the performance of the engine on a real aircraft following a successful round of ground-testing at Rolls-Royce.

that is one big engine on the link at the bbc only ever seen 1 air bus in my time those things are massive can they carry just more than people ?

www.rolls-royce.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by SE7EN]

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
you've only seen one airbus in your whole life? i highly doubt that. from the ground they look HIGHLY like 757s and 767s... along with similarities to other aircraft.

that this is really amazing though. it's supposed to have a double deck of passengers all the way down the fuselauge. it's amazing, and a waste of money. people should just improve the old designs, not come up with new ones. unless this is actually cheaper.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The planes near me fly low so i can tell there normal passenger planes onlever seen 1 i could just tell by the shape

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i live close to SFO and i dont recall ever seeing a "airbuss" they takeoff comein on the left side of my house witch faceses downhill, i get a good look at them

im just outside the aera were they were giving out free dubbled plated glass

after 9/11 iv seen about 4 fighter jets just last month i saw 2 in one night!

(yes, i am a inside person so i do miss alot :lol

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
same with me, i live on final approach for detroit metro airport, plus i'm an experienced pilot. the differences are very subtle and hard to tell. i'll find pictures of the planes.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
okay, pictures as promised. i tried to get similar looking pictures too, by the way. all courtesy of www.airliners.net... (site may run slow, as it's out of the US)

a generic boeing 757

a generic boeing 767

a generic airbus a300

a generic airbus a310

see the similarities?

new topics

top topics

join