It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up, and ask more questions about your candidate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hopefully by the time the election comes it will be protested against because hopefully American citizens will realize what is going on around them besides what they are going to do this evening before bed, which friend to visit, where are you going to dinner for tonight.

We need to start thinking "How am I going to make the money to go out tonight? Are these gas prices going to be like this in 10 years from now if he/she is in office? How is our economy going to be like in the next 15 years if this person is going to be voted in? Why am I voting for this person instead of voting for him/her just because they are either republican or democrat. What are there flaws compared to the other candidates?

What is this person's background/history information? Who do they have ties with? Ask your selves these questions and more. If your a democrat that doesn't mean vote for a candidate just because they are a democrat as well. Look into them. Don't assume. Assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

Get out a pen and a few pieces of paper. At the top write the names of each candidate on each page. Then write a pro's and con's list for each candidate and then choose who you think would help the most. Thats the only advice I can think of at the moment. But please fellow members contribute more to this thread.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
That's too hard for our 'dumbed-down' society. [sarcasm] One question at a time please... and don't make me think so far into the future. It makes my head hurt!! I'm only concerned about abortion issues... I'm only concerned about the gas prices... I'm only concerned about... and fix it NOW!! RIGHT NOW!!! I WANT IT NOW... in our "everything in an instant" society... and ME, ME, ME!!! [/sarcasm]

No one we are currently being presented with is even worth one minute of consideration. I suggest you wait to see who emerges after ALL the National Conventions (there are more than just 2, believe it or not), and hopefully get to see more than just the two R and D throw-aways.

[edit on 5/15/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Our economy is already in the tank. Whoever gets elected will be blamed for it though, as well as all the country's other problems if he or she can't fix them in a month or two. I've researched my candidates well and am informed about where they stand on the issues, which is what I care about. Don't underestimate the American people.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
Don't underestimate the American people.

I don't see anyone standing up for themselves or the bs here lately.

join