It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Bassett on Fox News 05/14/08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...
Stephen Bassett discusses the UFO document release in the UK, and talks about the Rockefeller initiative and disclosure in general.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by flybynight]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
God, I hate FOX News with a passion. Of course they're still taking the subject as a joke by continuously putting up pictures of little green men, funky looking spacecraft from old science fiction movies, and the host making jokes on the subject. It's just sickening how these buffoons are the reason as to why anyone that brings up the subjects of aliens is immediately seen as a nut by the general public.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Why does this idiot have to express his own "opinion" on the subject?! Surely the media is supposed to be unbiased but we see here an obvious attempt at swaying opinion about the UFO subject by ending the interview on a negative "I think its all a load of crap" comment.

What a ignorant scumbag that guy is

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

I couldn't agree more, I could barely stand to watch the conclusion of the feature!! He'll get a shock someday!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
It's just sickening how these buffoons are the reason as to why anyone that brings up the subjects of aliens is immediately seen as a nut by the general public.

WAIT A DARN MOMENT HERE. You seem to think it rests solely on the media as to why those of us that are interested in this subject are viewed as nutjobs?!?!

Have you read the majority of threads in this forum?!?!?!? They are bunk, and full of BS that is, quite honestly, embarrassing. The truth is that most people are more than happy to perpetuate the stereotype that the news makes fun of because they have such an ignorant, overwhelming desire to believe they look like complete and utter fools to the mainstream public. This very site, being the most popular, is also helping to perpetuate this stereotype. I mean, can you imagine being a "civilian" whose interest was peaked by a news segment and stumbled across this very forum after a simple google search? You would QUICKLY laugh your ass off and conclude that the whole subject is filled with idiots. And you blame the media for this? Your ignorance OVERWHELMS me.

And before anyone says "now hold on, some have had real experiences and are sharing them on this forum" Lets look at some of the FOOLISH and ABSURD threads in THIS VERY FORUM GOING ON RIGHT NOW:.....

You know what, never mind. Go back to the main alien forum here and just read the thread titles. If that doesn't convince you, then click on some of them. There are some threads going on right now THAT ARE ABSOLUTELY ABSURD and RIDICULOUS. Whats more absurd, is the fact that when you read them there is no lack of ignorant folks that are actually adding to the stereotype you are complaining about through their desire to believe in the least likely of things and their complete inability to understand that they are, in fact, the reason why Ufology is looked upon by the mainstream as the domain of FOOLS.

Seriously, if I need to point out specific threads going on right now that are freakin' LAUGHABLE, then, quite simply, your a part of the very problem you are whining about. Period.

Sorry to be so blunt. Most that see me post this will attack me without even understanding what it is I am even saying. Sad for them.

But to sit there and blame the media for being responsible for the complete ridicule this subject receives when "exposed to the light" is ignoring the simple fact that the ridicule is WELL DESERVED and until this community learns to "police" itself of this UTTER TRIPE we have to understand that this is, in fact, nothing but a waste of time even discussing it. It's entertainment for us, an outlet for mentally troubled folk, for ignorant blind believes that know nothing about reality and those who need attention or whatever their reasons are for posting some of of the rubbish they post

Simply put, it is OUR fault this subject is laughed at. And it is our fault that it will continue to get laughed at. Read this forum to find out why I say this. Again, I can't stress this enough, if you read the forum and can't understand why I say this, then your a part of the problem.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
BTW, there is already a thread on this topic here.

Ignore The Facts, you should check out the link above and watch the last time Basset was on Studio B with Shepard.

Have you read the majority of threads in this forum?!?!?!? They are bunk, and full of BS that is, quite honestly, embarrassing.

Yes there is a certain truth to that statement. However, should ufology go completely overlooked by professional journalists and media outlets because some people posted junk on a website? That is what journalism is all about... research, discerning fact from fiction and running a story. At the end of the day, those people on FOX News and every other media outlet are just as culturally contaminated as the rest of us in regards to belief systems. This is why we turn to people who seriously study this phenomenon. When we want to build a highway interchange we look to a professional engineering outfit not Joe Shmoe off the street. Basset is an expert on this phenomenon and he is being disrespected by an individual who has done absolutely no research into the subject matter.

Sorry to be so blunt. Most that see me post this will attack me without even understanding what it is I am even saying. Sad for them.

No I understand exactly what your saying. And you need to understand that the media has not paid enough attention to this matter. Check out the last time Basset was on that show following the UFO flap in Mexico. Those were military cameras. Mexico might not have the technology of the USA, but they aren't all drinking tequila in mud huts down there either. They have a highly trained military and sophisticated equipment. Many other governements are puzzled by UFOs and look to the United States for their take on it. Maybe living in another country immerses one in a culture that doesn't see itself as the most powerful entity on the planet? Therefore, with less ego involved (less cultural contamination), perhaps they are more qualified to assert that these things defy our understanding and seem intelligently controlled. Ever thought about that?

Oh no wait.... maybe I should call up Shepard to get his take on it, since he clearly has thoroughly investigated and researched the UFO phenomenon!!

new topics

top topics

join