It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Ahmadinejad Says Israel "Dying"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Iran's Ahmadinejad Says Israel "Dying"

www.nytimes.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Wednesday that Israel was "dying" and that people in the Middle East would destroy it if given the chance.

"They should know that regional nations hate this fake and criminal regime and if the smallest and briefest chance is given to regional nations they will destroy (it)," said Ahmadinejad, who often rails against Israel and the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

His remarks coincided with the arrival of U.S. President George W. Bush in the Middle East to celebrate Israel's 60th birthday and try to energize peace efforts complicated by a corruption scandal that could topple Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.

Last month, a senior Iranian army commander said Iran will respond to any military attack from Israel by "eliminating" it, in comments condemned by Washington.

I really think this guy is gone nuts and utilizing each and every chance to show that he can only talk but no real action assured.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
As with all the comments of his that are relayed to us, I would be highly suspect of the accuracy of this translation.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me where I can find some fair and unbiased reporting these days?

This one looks reads like it came straight out of the Pentagons media unit.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I don't how far the article or the translation is true; but I could read the same news from different sources.

Ahmadinejad: Israel to be 'swept away soon'

Iran's Ahmadinejad says Israel "dying"

Australia mulls suing Iran president over Israel

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I don't doubt the translation. What I think Ahmadinejad might be referring to is a pessimism in the "west" that has kept us from breeding.

"Islamists" are hopeful and on the march. "Freedomists" (to coin a word) are tending more and more to be doubtful of the future.

Europeans and some (or many) Americans seem to have become so disillusioned with life that they've, alas, become disgusted with Life.

Do the math. In a given country that is 90% European heritage and 10% Arab-Muslim immigrant, the birth rate is close to 1 child per European couple and 4 children per Arab couple. In less than 2 generations, Arab-Muslim children will out-number European children in their own land.

Ahmadinehad, like any jihadist worth his salt, is simply preying on a European hatred of war in order to defeat them through sheer, mathematical attrition.

Unless you want to live under a Muslim theocracy within the next 50 years, Europe, ye better start having more kids and importing less cheap Arab labor.

Europe, they are not like you. They don't teach their kids the way you teach yours.

Having children is the ultimate act of optimism. Defend your heritage. It'll feel real good, too.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Lets dun disturb about Iran affairs, let them insult Israel or watever they do. As if we can stop them. I would say i prefer Iran wat they say even though they are not right. I really dun like wat they say to Israel, but the thing is they try to defend Mid East countries from getting harassment from Israel offending comments like accusing of nearby Islamic country to war on Israel. Its so irritating, and is all about religion war affairs.I think this could make them just shut their big mouth.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Don't forget, it's not just Arab "couples". An Arab man can have four wives, so it's probably around twelve children spawned by one man.

Frankly, I think it's irresponsible. I wouldn't be able to remember all their names.

But you are right, they have a completely different mindset to the non-competative namby-pamby, touchy-feely views we have in the west. We look at the world as if everyone wants to be our friend, where the rest of the world looks at ways of consuming their neighbours.

I imagine in around 600-700 years there will be a "great Arab war", like WW2, and after all the death and destruction, Islam will end up like Christianity. Sure, the holy book does have some militant and contraversial bits in it, but we've moved on since then...now it's about peace and love!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Durka durka jihad jihad!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
News from different sources; Is he trying to send a clear message to Bush? so that he won't finalize any harsh decisions against Iran?

Ahmadinejad: Israel Is Doomed

Iran: President launches renewed attack on Israel

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Enceladus]

top topics

join