It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video demo of Windows 7 (Successor to Vista)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
here ya go:

Windows 7

Not very clear, but it shows some new stuff expected in windows 7.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Windows 7 better be a free update... I'm getting tired of this... Anyone know which Linux is the best and easiest to use? Maybe just go Mac... ?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yuck. I'll just stick with my Mac with XP on a separate partition. As far as Linux goes, I've enjoyed Ubuntu best, but it just doesn't compare to using a Mac. Although, for gaming I still stick with WinXP or my PS3.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You are kidding, right??????????????

On the chance you are not, nope,m it will be a pay for upgrade.

Think windows 2000 following 98 ME-we all had to pay for 2000 even though 98 ME was a pathtic joke of an O.S.

BTW, morally, I agree with you, it should be free considering Vista is as bad or worse than 98ME.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
don't bet on it being a free upgrade. i'm convinced this is going to be what windows 98 was to windows 95. same OS with a few more "features" and some stability improvements. does it not seem odd that a pretty new OS such as vista is already having a successor being shown off? i think it went a little something like this:

MS decides (and maybe rightfully so) that they need to start deprecating legacy apps/hardware in the name of innovation.

People still rely on legacy apps/hardware for business and gaming. This starts the "Vista Sucks" movement.

MS tries to figure out how to convince people to upgrade:
1) try to convince people that XP won't be supported anymore and that they really should move to Vista.
2) Make some new games exclusive to Vista
3) DirectX10

MS realizes that people are onto them:
1) XP support has been extended due to strong demand
2) "Vista-only" games would run perfectly well on XP if you just took out the OS version check. (has been done on a couple of games.) Artificial obsolescence tends to piss people off.
3) DirectX10 was never finished. It basically has a basic framework in place - it's slow and that's why you have games that have options to enable "DirectX10 Features". The game still uses the DX9 API for a lot of it. DX10.1 will supposedly be what DX10 was meant to be. (maybe there are exceptions with games running fully in DX10, but i'm not specifically aware of any. most i have seen just have DX10 as a bonus feature.)

MS tries to figure out how to get people to move to Vista:
1) Hint that they know they screwed up with Vista, whether they did or didn't
2) Announce plans for a more refined version of Windows that is based on Vista
3) Add some useful features to an OS that has actually become non-turdy due to patches and a service pack and claim that "it's all fixed". In reality people have just had time to get used to Vista and will be much more open to a second coming.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just as in the past, Microsloth just made everyone who got duped into going to Vista into beta testers.

They got a free real-world test, and -maybe- fixed some things.

But who, in their right mind, trusts MS?

Anyone know of any sites which give any inside info on the potential exploitation of users by MS?

We already know they block devices and programs from competitors. I still can't believe my Lexmark printer wouldn't work - I suspect MS did that on purpose. I mean Lexmark is one of the top five printers? :bnghd:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac Tanner Madsen
Yuck. I'll just stick with my Mac with XP on a separate partition. As far as Linux goes, I've enjoyed Ubuntu best, but it just doesn't compare to using a Mac. Although, for gaming I still stick with WinXP or my PS3.

From personal experience, when it comes to Linux, Mandriva is good. Ubuntu seems good enough, but IMO Mandriva is better, though whether or not anyone else thinks so is another matter. Infact the main thing I like Mandriva for better is using su instead of sudo.

Of course, I won't deny that Macs are probably good too, but why pay for a Unix OS when you can get a free one?

And as for free MS, well that would be good wouldn't it. But it won't happen, and even if it didn't cost money it's still not really great value.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by apex]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
That video is fake.

Nuff said.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
why do you think it's fake?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

Because the visual theme is exactly the same. Leaks on youtube will never happen from Microsoft, particularly over a year before its release.

And then there's this:

www.extensoft.com...

top topics

join