It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Elections canceled due to Civil War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
US Elections canceled due to Civil War? While I was not inclined to believe that there could be any legitimate reason to cancel this fall’s elections the only remotely feasible reason would be in the case of Civil War. As gas prices reach $4/gal US, currently $3.95/gal average in the Cincinnati, Ohio area, simple math says that a 16 gallon tank at $5/gal is $80.

This price is what Joe Average Six-Pack will soon be facing, not in gas hogging SUV’s and full-sized trucks and vans, but in average commuter passenger cars and small pick-ups. Like Ford Rangers and Chevy S-10’s and the Honda Accord, Toyota Corolla , Nissan Altima, Ford Taurus, Chevy Caviler type cars. With average usage of a tank per week and an average take home pay of $350/week this $80 would be 22% of weekly income to fuel costs alone.

Today, President Bush said that he has no magic wand to fix high fuel prices but he has a big stick. That is nice to know. As President of the United States he would be best advised to take that big stick and start using it to fix things before about 25-30 million American come to Washington DC using our little switches to flog the electorate and end up breaking that big stick off in Bush’s poop chute when they shove it where it belongs. Because the problem won’t be that we the average citizen will be paying between 1/5 to 1/4 of our income for fuel. The problem will be because we have plenty of time on our hands as we will have zero income due to job losses.

I have stated before that $5/gal was the breaking point. I myself am above average in fuel usage due to a long commute. My cost would be between $120-$160 per week for a $440 check or roughly 1/3 to fuel. And I drive a 4 cylinder Ford Ranger that is 17 years old, trying to live within my means which is already at 1/5 to 1/4 of my pay. At the current rate of gas price increases $5 should happen in July or August. Plenty of time for an organized rebellion or even a prolonged riotous revolt have Martial Law enacted and postpone the November Elections…some would say we are getting Bushed again.

As for me, part of me says to lead the troops while the other side says raise the bird and just go Grizzly Adams and let whatever happens happen on its own. The downside of being 37, I suppose, young enough to be passionate but old enough to say heck with it. But even being single with no children, the lack of ANY action by this do nothing government has painted me into a corner.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
that was actually a very nice post.

I currently have the luxury of having a take home vehicle, so gas prices arent an issue for me. ( Although I am considering dropping the take home ride for another job that doesnt have one )

But your post is an eye opener, my wife currently drives 100 miles round trip, and the gas price are close to it not being economically feasible for her to commut that far for the pay she gets.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I personally don't drive, but insane gas prices are a good a reason as any to remove this government and replace it with something more directly controllable. Of course, they've got overwhelmingly superior firepower (not talking in terms of small arms here, I'm talking airstrikes). On the other hand, there are far more armed civilians than there are police and military willing to go along with civil war on the side of "them". I'm fairly certain some states would secede if it came to that, notably Montana.

I, for one, am looking forward to civil war. I would like nothing more than to defend this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

The only problem is: they fully intend on having an armed revolt between the civilian population and the state. They've been preparing for it and are even providing the incentive and reasoning behind it. Its going to happen, because they need it to in order to obtain even more power and control, while furthering the reduction of the population. I don't think however that it will happen before this election. I believe it will happen several months after mr or mrs puppet is installed and programmed, and people realize that nothing is going to be changing, regardless of who the general population _thinks_ is pulling the reins.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper

I, for one, am looking forward to civil war. I would like nothing more than to defend this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Hmmm, I hope that this is not totally true. I hope you would like one thing more than this; to not have to defend your country from enemies at all.
At least that is what I would like much more, at all times.

But with a nick like "angrysniper" I wouldnt know for sure.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I'll be ordering my bike very soon. Already have it picked out.

I was considering a horse or donkey but didnt get any results on Craigs list.

I sold my car and i cant even get anyone to give me a ride on account of prices!

btw, speaking of Craigs List, there are hundreds of cars for sale. :shk:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
No one is going to walk out the door and start shooting. Thats it period.
There will be no civil war. There will be nothing more than a government controlling you through fear.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Assuming that a Civil War actually takes place (not a likely situation, in my opinion, but that's a different discussion), why do you think it would cause the elections to be called off? During the one Civil War we have had to date, the elections went ahead as scheduled in 1864. They also took place as scheduled during both World Wars, the Korean War, and Viet Nam. What makes you think that a hypothetical civil war in 2008 would be any different?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I've been wondering too, when people are going to say, "Enough is enough." But that being said, then what.
I don't see people in general, protesting about much these days. To each other, yes. But when it actually comes to doing something, it appears it's the "let the other guy do it" philosophy,,but lately , "the oher guy" isn't doing anything either.
Me? I write letters to my representatives, but I do NOT believe it's doing much of anything. I get "form letters" back as a rule.
I don't like violence, as I'm sure most of us don't, so I'd really hate to think it could ever come to this. But if we are continually ignored on issues that directly affect us..and adversely..then what?
The only thing I do know, is I don't have the answers.

I

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dervishmadwhirler

Originally posted by angrysniper

Hmmm, I hope that this is not totally true. I hope you would like one thing more than this; to not have to defend your country from enemies at all.
At least that is what I would like much more, at all times.

But with a nick like "angrysniper" I wouldnt know for sure.

Well, yes, I would like to not have to defend my country from enemies at all, in fact the whole concepts of countries themselves irritates me, but if a country is a precursor to certain rights, and those rights are continuously violated blatantly by country's own government (which is supposed to uphold and protect those rights), then the country must be defended from its own government.

Unfortunately, I agree with some of the other poster's opinions that most people will be unwilling to do anything about the situation, but I believe that is largely due to water fluoridation. Most city dwellers are incapable of being more than sheep because they continuously ingest a chemical that is known to cause docility. If fluoridation were stopped for even a few months, I can assure you the people would not have quite the patience that we do now. Having been off of fluoride for almost a year now, the difference is astounding. Unfortunately, we'd also have to deal with the so called "antidepressants" available that are used to control the masses. Only in a country where fluoride is intentionally put into the water supply would people "willingly" give themselves daily chemical lobotomies.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Why Civil War/open revolt? It is my opinion that since we as a society have viewed temporary stress relief outbursts along the lines of "I ought to get a gun and shoot every lawyer/cop/drama queen/elected official (the list goes on and on depending on what set you off) that I see." as cause for great alarm and not the "simply venting" that it actually is; people are living in contrast to normal human behavior. Much like the old "be on your best behavior or the teacher will make the whole class sit along the wall at recess."

These are the beginning of some potentially very trying times. And those that live in New York City and are the 10th generation that has never been to all five boroughs nor have any need of a car can not truly fathom how large and spread out the rest of the nation lives. Even those that live in smaller cities like Cincinnati or St. Louis think that a drive over 10-15 miles leans more towards taking a trip. Personally home to work to home is a 97mile round trip. I use 1/4 a tank of gas per day. Due to city driving and traffic 2.5 hours of each day is driving.

At the $3 and $3.50 landmarks, many people grumbled…I don’t hear the grumbling nearly as hard nor as much at the threshold of the $4 mark. And for those that know human behavior, it is not the guy mouthing off that is about to throw a punch…it is the angry guy that is quiet that you have to be worried about. Collectively we have gone from “what will we do” to a quiet “what do I need to do.”

Conversely, many people have a fear that Bush will try to keep the reigns somehow, some way. The difference between The Civil War and this is that The Civil War was a war between two nations, with rules of conduct and engagement (except for Sherman’s March to the Sea). This would be as disorganized and rag-tag as it gets. When I mentioned thinking of joining in to guide the troops, the intent is to bring an order to targets and to strike a clear and defined enemy. Because some wouldn’t be sure if the government, big oil or the Wall St. speculators that are driving up the price of crude oil in the first place are the ones that need to be hit. All other major conflicts were not on our soil so that is a dubious point at best.

About a month ago there was a short lived thread about the formation of a Third Continental Congress. I was quite skeptical of the intent and valid need…now I am not as sure that my initial thought was correct.

But mostly why I feel this is a very real possibility is that the impact of fuel costs are hitting people that were content with their lot in life and their backs are being pushed against the wall. This has gone past the people that whine about the have’s and have not’s and having an unfair advantage. This hurting the working backbone type of people. The ones that are happy working a 40 hour week and getting a bit of overtime now and then. The ones that plan having a summer night of just sitting on the porch after dinner sipping a single beer and listening to a ballgame on the radio.

Or to use a different way of putting it…the sheeple are about to wake up, and I fear they are going to be rather miffed about the wool that had been pulled over their eyes for so long and they are going to do far more than just bleat at the first person they see. Because at $5/gallon, it is no longer a strain on budgets it become a significant portion of income.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Wanted to address your question seperately.

The reason to call off the election would be to take advantage of the situation. To instill more fear than necessary so greater than acceptable force and regulation can be used to squash the uprising.

Think of the classic bank robbery. Everyone is order to the floor. Why? Control. Control by fear. The bank could just as easily be robbed quietly or by ordering everyone to freeze. Laying on the floor, you have less opportunity to fight back and you feel more vulnerable and thus cooperative to comply with demands.

By taking away the election, the government lets you know that this is a situation that must be deal with by pulling out all the stops least these rabble rousers destroy your very way of life.

Otherwise calling in airstrike on a group of 5000 armed citizens that are standing up for what they believe in is going to bring about some questions from somewhat neutral people that no one in Washington wants to hear being asked. And such an action might sway you to have sympathy or actually join the "wrong' cause.

The removal of a free election would be a fear tactic to not only gain more control, but to do so with the blessing of the majority. Much the same way that 9/11 was the perfect excuse to roll out the Patriot Act. Not that I believe in the "inside job" crowd, but that the government took advantage of an unfortuate situation for their benefit.

new topics

top topics

join