It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Levy - Sex with Robots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitrobandit
Yeah I think it's a good thing. Would be more like a pet. And the robot would be pretty smart so could help with projects you work on. It will allow technology and new to be developed faster.

It actually might be a good think to give to a college student so they can concentrate on their studies better. Besides you would probably trade it in every couple years for a better model like a video card.

I see only good and more advancement with this.

If it is highly advanced, deep personality etc etc, you could make your fantasies come true lol. I mean why not, we are ALREADY using technology as entertainment! for example you are reading this through technology, the computer is almost like a robot to you, music can be heard through technology, you feel emotions, you feel the music! Movies! you feel emotions, you get taken through to another reality!

But I do see robots as a good thing for our future, for everything...... a highly advanced house maid anyone? hehe

[edit on 21-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
But I do see it more likley to happen with virtual reality, more than robots, with virtual reality you can not only create a highly advanced A.I, you can create your own reality! your own house, world etc.

Basically, a virtual reality similar to the matrix is inevitable, this idea of robots could easily be done in a matrix kind of place.

Three cheers for a real matrix! (without smiths of course
)

[edit on 21-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

isn't there already studies or even threads on ATS where people have claimed it already is more than likely we are living in some matrix or simulator anyways.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitrobandit

isn't there already studies or even threads on ATS where people have claimed it already is more than likely we are living in some matrix or simulator anyways.

I don't know, but I want a matrix where we can choose what program we want to play.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You have it, you just have to work on getting up to level 70 ;-)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join