It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improvised Archery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

I could never hunt for 'sport'...any rabbits I take will be despached with grace, dignity and spirit, killed with the swiftest of blows and then skined/gutted and cooked in a casserole...the ones on me folk's allotments are fat, fearless of humans, and ready for the pot after gorging on allotment organic veggies all spring

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

I have no problem with that. And I don't claim any moral high ground. I don't eat many creatures now, but I have nearly all my life. I've even destroyed some myself before, for no good reason at all -- not even to eat them.

Very terrible.

If people are going to eat animals then in my opinion it shows much more respect to kill them and prepare them yourself. That way you understand more about the creature, and how and why it died. I guess you could say that by killing by proxy you will still understand how and why it died, but I don't think you will understand properly.

Zen probably wouldn't agree with this, but # Zen right now.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Even in hunting wasscally wabbits with what you could call 'primitive weaponry' there is a real zen-experience...as long as you have utmost respect for your prey....are prepared to wait for hours in a hide, appreciate nature and the elements, and not afraid to get your hands bloody then you will be rewarded with a full cook-pot and a clean concience when you and yr guests sit down to a dinner of casseroled whole rabbit in red wine, with steamed allotment new-potatoes, carrot&parsnip mash, runner beans, and stuffing...nom nom nom!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Two things.

First, Bravo on the improvisation/back-engineering. The first thing I thought of was the fact that in SE Asia, where the bow was once thought to have originated, some hunters use a primitive form of archery where they shoot small stones instead of arrows; using a bow for a slingshot instead of a slingshot for a bow.

Second, keep your eyes out for stacks of pipe. In the arid southwest US, farmers often stack irrigation pipe on the ground while they plow. Frequently, rabbits will "loaf" around these pipes, and hide in them for shelter. You pop a bag over one end, and pick up the other, and the rabbit runs down into your sack. Just watch out for skunks, rattlers, and armadillos.

Again, well done. This may sound odd, but if I were going to be stuck in a prisoner-of-war camp, I'd want you to be there, too.

all the best.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
This may sound odd, but if I were going to be stuck in a prisoner-of-war camp, I'd want you to be there, too.

That, in a strange way, has be one of the nicest compliments I've been given on here

wish you good karma...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join