It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google place question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
do any history hunters here know what this might be? all i can find is a record of a necropolis. it seems[?] to have a strangish shape [star or sun?]

doogle

driving me nutty. romanian isn't my language

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Parta]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parta
do any history hunters here know what this might be? all i can find is a record of a necropolis. it seems[?] to have a strangish shape [star or sun?]

doogle

driving me nutty. romanian isn't my language

Looks like an old dried-up lakebed to me.

Harte

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hi Parta,

Any idea of the elevation of the double circular area and outer outline? Kind of reminds me of the outer perimeter of a fortification with the double circular area being a furrow or some such around a raised hillfort.

cormac

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
the area is basically flat to bowl falling away to the south from the "shoreline" or "wall". the "shoreline" is almost as wide as the lido. it should be on a hill. don't think it ever was though.

the town to the south is urzica mare [mare being sea or great] so ...
cimec

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Looks to be a earth mound but without an obvious entrance- the outer wall can also be seen.

I did a lot of work with aerial photos in Cyprus. Nature can deceive you in all sorts of ways. The only way to know is go there and do a surface survey and dig so test pits.

Might be a collasped burial mound, old pond, cattle holding area, part of a fortification (new or old) or something else. When in doubt walk the area and sink a test pit.

If you live far away, you can try contacting a local person who is interested in that area or the nearest school/university. Geologists, rock hounds, and amateur archaeologists may be aware of that site or know what it might be.

[edit on 9/5/08 by Hanslune]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
maybe someone is already on the case

Helis

top topics

join