It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever heard of the Lake Pepin lake monster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have never heard of this one until this week. It seems to be getting some press now. I guess the first sightings date back to the 1800s. There is even a $50,000 reward for proof of it.

Boaters have told stories of being attacked while on the water, first hearing several loud knocks on the hull, followed by several violent back and forth swings of the boat.

Nielson wants people to try and see for themselves because this mysterious monster that's eluded most cameras for more than a century. He's offering $50,000 for undisputable photographic and scientific evidence.

source

My guess is now that there is a reward, this guy who took the picture may look harder to find it.

Steven Raymond, lives in Lake City says, "I said slow down, and when I turned around and looked again, the log went under water."

Steven Raymond knows the people of Lake City, but he has no idea what he saw when fishing on Lake Pepin.

Steven says, "What we had seen was three distinct humps and one of the humps looked like a face sticking out of the water; just before he slowed the boat down, I took a picture."

That was three years ago and Steven says he can't find the picture.

source

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

Never heard of it but I'm not surprised. There are tons of lake monster stories. Loch Ness. Lake Champlain. I live close to Flathead Lake and it has the same stories. Maybe a sea serpent, maybe a dinosaur, maybe an eel, who knows but these stories are common so one has to wonder.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
i live in lake city. Hears my story. I was fishing on the beach of hok-si-la park, i was fishing with a chub for pike. i had my line out about 80 yards and all of a sudden my string liffted off the water i grabbed my pole and what ever was on the line it snapped it instantly and my line was 15 lbs spyder wire and if you are a fisherman you would know that no ordinary lake pepin fish can take off that fast to snap the line. i know it was no carp cuz they dont feed on chubs... so if there is any reasonable explanation please reply. truthful story.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I suspect we're going to be hearing a whole lot more off "Peppie"...

A monster Reward

For decades folks around Lake Pepin have told tales of a "monster" that inhabits this scenic, wide stretch of the Mississippi River.

Legend has it that the Dakota Indians who lived in the area refused to travel on Lake Pepin in birch-bark canoes because large creatures would puncture the thin skin of those crafts.
So in an effort to solve the mystery once and for all - and drum up a little extra tourism at the same time - the Lake City (Minn.) Tourism Bureau recently offered a $50,000 reward to anyone who presents indisputable proof that Pepie is real.

It would be a nice change of pace to see some blurry pictures of a different Lake Monster.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Under water expedition team AWAY! I figure that's the best way to get proof...if they don't come back, then we know what got them. There's your proof.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
sounds like my x wife making her rounds again:

new topics

top topics

join