It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast milk contains C8, study concludes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Breast milk contains C8, study concludes!

wvgazette.com

C8 and related chemicals used in nonstick pans and stain-resistant fabrics have been found in human breast milk, according to the first major U.S. study to examine breast-feeding as a possible exposure route.

Perfluorinated compounds, or PFCs, were found in all of the 45 human breast milk samples tested in the new study, published in the peer-reviewed journal Environmental Science and Technology.

Toxicologist Kathleen Arcaro of the University of Massachusetts Amherst and other researchers tested the milk as part of Arcaro's ongoing investigation of links between environmental exposures and breast cancer
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well hell. Im not a bit surprised by this study. I was reading in Consumer Reports that non stick pans are very harmful to the body. Well atleast women know possibly where their tumors are coming from.

wvgazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ill get worried when they start finding C4 in breast milk... weapons of mass distraction indeed!

Ok seriously: I think a more important consideration is the amount of drugs and hormones that are present in our water and food supply at the moment.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Once again, proof that our government is working for the corporations and not the people. We go to the trouble of creating these 'agencies' and government organizations ostensibly to provide oversight and protect the citizens from corporations like DOW chemical and 3M from 'disregarding' human safety concerns when they launch their products into the market. Inevitably some consumer group get squelched or somehow marginalized when they cry foul and 40 years later - ooops! Oh well.

Now its Teflon, the single most prevalent non-stick substance in use. You KNOW they are marketing a 'new' non-stick surfacing chemicals and people are going to want to swap out all their 'toxic' cookware with new stuff - all making the company more $$$ in the process. I bet they were the original source of the research dollars too. Really makes me angry!

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I read this and just started laughing.A mothers breast milk is probably the healthiest thing for you on the face of gods green earth.More bogus studies to perpetuate that fear! Anyone notice lately that there is this campain to make you think everything that is healthy and good for you is actually bad for you andthey are coming out with these supposed studies .First it was milk is bad for you,then the bottled water is bad for you,then vitamins, now they are attacking MOTHERS BREAST MILK!!!!!
I am begining to think they are telling us this stuff because some of this healthy stuff helps people think clearer and more freely hence start to question what our so called leaders are doing in our name.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
I read this and just started laughing.A mothers breast milk is probably the healthiest thing for you on the face of gods green earth.[edit on 6-5-2008 by CaptGizmo]

If this is true, and any mother want's to lend a hand to a guy who perpetually eats completely not healthy, U2U me, thank you for your time.

Seriously, I CAN believe it, like posted earlier, to perpetuate that fear and have a huge DOW company reap the benefit from a sluggish economy wouldn't surprise me a bit.

AB1

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I read this and just started laughing.A mothers breast milk is probably the healthiest thing for you on the face of gods green earth.More bogus studies to perpetuate that fear! Anyone notice lately that there is this campain to make you think everything that is healthy and good for you is actually bad for you andthey are coming out with these supposed studies .First it was milk is bad for you,then the bottled water is bad for you,then vitamins, now they are attacking MOTHERS BREAST MILK!!!!!
I am begining to think they are telling us this stuff because some of this healthy stuff helps people think clearer and more freely hence start to question what our so called leaders are doing in our name.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by CaptGizmo]

If a mother uses a non-stick frying pan then it's probably quite easy for her breast milk to contain those chemicals. Whenever you eat anything whatever chemicals are in the food get stored in your body fat. That studies show these things is a good thing. This means that women can avoid things like non-stick frying pans.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

I saw a whole show they did on the nonstick pans on 60 minutes years ago.The nonstick chemicals where only a problem if you let the pan get over ....I believe it was 500 degrees. That would be cooking at a constant high setting on your stove.Plus you would not want to be using metal spoons on non stick surfaces as well as this just scrapes off the nonstick substance and mixes in with your food.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

reply to post by monkey_descendant

I saw a whole show they did on the nonstick pans on 60 minutes years ago.The nonstick chemicals where only a problem if you let the pan get over ....I believe it was 500 degrees. That would be cooking at a constant high setting on your stove.Plus you would not want to be using metal spoons on non stick surfaces as well as this just scrapes off the nonstick substance and mixes in with your food.

And yet somehow the chemicals still got into breast milk.

We shouldn't be seeing this as some sort of conspiracy to make breastmilk unhealthy. Instead we should see it as a way to eliminate bad chemicals from the environment. For goodness sake, look at what plastic does. I can't remember why but the chemicals in plastic have been causing many more females than males to be born, and males are being born more and more "feminine". This is especially happening in the Arctic where the pollutants all seem to collect.

new topics

top topics

join