It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babies Thrown Off 50ft Tall Tower, in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Babies Thrown Off 50' Tall Tower = India

Michael Jackson created an international controversy when he dangled his baby out the window of his 5th floor hotel room in Berlin, Germany. But if he had done the same thing in India, would anyone have cared?

Check this out! Parents in India toss their newborn babies off a 50-foot tall tower and they've been doing it for 500 years. Muslims believe it will make their babies healthy.

A crowd of people below help catch the newborns on a cloth sheet. Organizers say there have never been any accidents

That doesn't look safe. Those people seem like the folks, who would sacrifice their children to gain favor with their god(s). Even Michael Jackson looks less dangerous & insane than those people!

Michael Jackson & His Masked-Children:

ºDIGG: Babies being thrown off a roof for good luck... wtf
ºCNN: Babies thrown off tower

Babies are dropped several stories for good health and good luck at a shrine in Solapur, in Maharastra, India.

ºBabies Thrown Off Temple for Good Luck
ºBabies thrown from tower for good luck

Worshippers at a Muslim shrine in western India have been dropping babies from a tower for good luck.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Crazy!

You hear stories of people being thrown in jail for killing babies just by shaking them. Does this landing pose any risk of permanent injury? What if they landed funny?

Some people need "educating".

No matter what "customs" might be prevalent, I would never have chucked my daughter off a tower for some "health benefit".

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I know what you mean. Those people must think their children are disposable. Of course, their government won't arrest them because things like that happen in India, quite often.

The Indian government habitually permits others to endanger the lives of their children for the sake of playing games, pleasing their families, or sacrificing them for their god(s):

DANGEROUS INDIAN GAME!

[edit on 5-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason These People Are Totally Retarded . What Type Of Parent Would Toss Their Babies Off Of A 50' Building For "GOOD LUCK " ? If The Child Would Have Landed Wrong, As In Head First It Would Have Broken His Or Her Neck ! What Then ? No Luck For The Parent ? WTF ?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason Yeah, I've Got A Way Of "EDUCATING" People That Abuse Children . It's Called An A#@ Whipping !! These People Should have their children taken away from them and then be forcibly sterilized . I have Zero Tolerance For People That Abuse Children . What The Hell Is Wrong With em That Would make them Do This Type Of Thing ? And If They Treat This Type Of Outrageous Behavior As A Game ,Then I Say Let These Same Idiots Play Russian Roulette On Their Own Selves And See If They Think It Will Bring Them Good Luck !

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
People have all kinds of superstitions, some more stupid than others, but that is a human characteristic.

And Michael Jackson never looks less insane than other people.

PS: So, does this mean that India is officially the new target of US indirect attacks on their people, after China? Will we see news about faulty and dangerous Indian products next?

And who is going to be the next country, the third largest?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I agree with you about those peoples' characteristics.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Ummmm... ahhh... wuhhh ... Studders.. and is just at a loss for words here..
I ummm.. well.. gezzz.. ahhh. hmmmm.
Good luck huh?

These people are simply abusing these children bottom line..
Yeah lets toss our babies off these building for good luck! Thats some really backwards, no sense having BULL!

Im just completely shocked to see this is going on..
I called my mother right after I saw this.. And said did you know people throw their kids off buildings for good luck?

Shes like yes, it was on the news.. I dont watch the news, so its being talked about.. And most people are like me.. They feel its child abuse.

So what if one of these kids happen to die.. Where is the luck in that?
And how would they justify the death of a child that way?

Would they just simply say it was the will of God that the child died?

I just dont get it.. I really dont get it.. And I seriously mean.. I DONT GET IT!
I do belive everyone should have their right to have their culture and what not. But this is going a little far to test and risk the lifes of their very own children.. That just doesnt look safe at all!!!

This isnt even funny either.. Im not laughing.

top topics

join