It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamcatchers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
For many years I was plagued by the most horrible nightmares you can think of, to this day I cannot bring myself to talk about them. My daughter, after years of hearing me wake up screaming and watching me go without sleep to keep from dreaming, brought me a dreamcatcher and believer it or not it has worked to some extent.

I have went from having them at least once a week or so to maybe every few months.

I was wondering if any one else has had any experince with these?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
nightmares are mean....i never had a nightmare since i was born...except for the one i was being chased by someone and i jumped off an exit sign on the highway onto a big pool....i mean that is so weird....well i didnt scream when i wake up though...maybe the dreamcatcher is supposed to rasie your confidence and cause you to think more positive stuff which probabnly effects your dream

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have given many friends dream catchers for there bad dreams.

My grandfather who is a sioux used to make me them when i was a child for my nightmares and they always seemed to comfort me....

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Amuk, maybe the dreamcatcher itself doesnt do anything, but the fact that you know its there and its purpose helps you subconsciously. You know how if you give someone something that tastes like alcohol, even though its not, they can still get "drunk"? Its kind of like that if that makes any sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
well said .......illusion

maybe it does something but still if its called a dream catcher arent you supposed to have dreamless sleeps because they catch dreams

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A dreamcatcher works by existing outside of your dream state. The premise is that sub-consciencely you "move" any undesirable dream into the "net" thus removing it from your sleep.

Its like a safety rope, that you tug on to come save you.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
its like the ionic filter they show on TV all the time...
they filter out all the bad stuff like netsitter for the computer

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I experienced that as a little kid. I made one in school and hung it from my ceiling and it worked. Didn't have anymore bad dreams but also didn't realize every day that it was there.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Amuk, maybe the dreamcatcher itself doesnt do anything, but the fact that you know its there and its purpose helps you subconsciously.

Could be, and also the fact that as the years go by I am further from the source of the nightmares or maybe even the love of a concerened family has helped. I have been trying to get the courage to tell someone about them for almost 30 years, the dreamcatchers have kept me sane. I am a believer.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I used to have nightmares when I was younger.

I got a dream catcher and the nightmares would either stop, or not be as horrible.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i never needed one im always thinking about having f-ing the hottest girl in school it helps me not to have nightmares

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I have has 2 noteablly bad dreams in my life. These were both before I got my dream catcher.

I really dont know how it works, all I know is that it does work.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
its all in how strong you believe in it

got dont you understand how it works?

its like the hepa ionic filter they show on TV everyday

bad things get stuck and good things out out

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Belief is a very important concept. Think negative things all the time and negative things will happen. Think positive things and your life will be for the better.

Dreamcatchers give you a postive outlook because you think they can help you. The mind is a very special and sometimes a device like a dreamcatcher will will give you the focus you need to get over those bad subconscience thoughts.

Just believing in things unknown divides the curtain into the light

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by rudelude]

top topics

join