It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hercules, an alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
with more and more threads advertising the nephillim of the bible as hybrids between the "son of god" and the "daughters of adam", i began to think of mythologies in multiple cultures trying to find these hybrids.

zeus was the 'king' of the greek gods, and he fraternized with a human, and sprang forth hercules. now hercules isn't a giant in height as the legends recall him. he was a normal looking human, with super strength, a 'giant' of a man (referring to his gigantic strength), 'of great renown'.

to me, this is pretty solid proof that the nephillim, whatever they were/are, were not 100% human.

can anybody think of other mythological characters that would be classified as these nephillim?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Over the years, many races of titans have colonized many parts of the world. Ancient Lyrians were 25 - 35 feet tall. Many of the Greek gods were among these. Hercules was over 10 feet tall. He and many of the Greek gods were descendants of the Hyperboreans. Noah was around 12 feet tall and Adam was almost 16 feet tall. The great god from the Sumarians, Gilgamesh, was more than 24 feet tall.

Many of our ancestors were giants who, by interbreeding and adjusting to our atmosphere, have become smaller. Ancient dwarf races are likewise becoming larger as they evolve. The present day Pleiadians, whose ancestors were also giants, are about the same size as we are after adjusting to their planet.

Source

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Within Greek mythology there are also Cyclopes, they are a member of a primordial race of giants.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
to me, this is pretty solid proof that the nephillim, whatever they were/are, were not 100% human.

I wouldn't call myths and fairy tales as pretty solid proof of anything, other than proof that people have always had an active imagination and have used it to 'explain' the unexplained at the time, entertain themselves or as a mobilizing force behind some religious movement.

I'm not rejecting the possibility of aliens having had interactions with humans in the past, and the only way for people to explain their actions and technology were to think of them as gods or magical creatures. However, just because something apparently makes sense or fits a certain explanation doesn't mean it's based on truth.

When it comes to mythology, religious or otherwise, you have to consider the possibility that they were simply made up. And I certainly wouldn't use pretty solid proof to describe a theory based on it.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
first let me address farrc:
that source you pointed too is nothing but text. i don't see it rooted in fact whatsoever. there were titans in greek mythology but you have to look at the word titan, giant, etc, in a certain regard, as you do with all ancient texts.
the oxford dictionary is compiled of some 150,000 words
www.askoxford.com...
an operation known as the Global Language Monitor estimates that there are almost 1,000,000 english words.
biblical hebrew, estimating from the number of words used in the hebrew bible, only contains 15,000-26,000 words.
the ancient civilizations, with their ancient languages, did not have huge languages.
show me a source, a Jewish source (because Jewish scholars have been studying the Torah longer than anybody else), that says Adam was 16 feet tall, that Noah was 12 feet tall.
show me a giant human like skeleton for that matter.

addressing danx,
for some bizarre reason all the myths and legends of the world correlate in some of their fundamental 'concepts'. Demi-gods of Greece can be found in Asia, the middle east, africa, even the americas. because the languages of these ancient times didn't have such intricate dialects, the things that they say DO have to be taken not with a grain of salt but with a gun that shoots it! it's why myths and legends sound like fairy tales, and fantasy. Giants shouldn't be taken literally, because most likely those ancient languages just didn't have words to describe someone who's ultra intelligent for the time, or ultra whatever for the time.
once you cut down all the language barriers of different cultural mythologies, you end up with stories that say the same thing.

I don't think that it's just a wild coincidence. Carl Jung writes about a collective unconscious which accounts for all our conceptual symbols, sword being power, crown being kinglyship, scale being justice etc etc. but what would account for ufo's, hybrids, aliens, demigods, mythical weapons (which were described as earthly weapons like swords, the languages didn't have words for lasers) in the collective unconscious. Look to mythology and the result of collective unconsciousness.

gotta run! :p

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Crabmeat]

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Crabmeat]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I read something similar a long time ago that said Goliath was the same, ive never been in any doubt whatsoever that all the stories of the old testament where based on truth of one kind or another, the new testament you may as well lob into the fire because it has been changed and altered so many times where does reality start? there are even gospels missing.

Ive aways seen books that move things around cut and altered with a lot of suspicion, and that goes for the new testament, it was changed altered, parts referring to the power of women where removed and power pushed to men, im not saying that it is all fake or false, but you have to ask yourself why was it done? The giants in the old testament that have been mentioned have more truth to them than any other book of religion IMO. I also believe that the truth about the new testament will come out sooner rather than later, they cant hide history forever something always remains, and the powers that run our countries know the truth and always have, we are seeing the beginning of the end for the lies told.

All the mythical beings and bigger than life people covered by the old testament IMO or my belief, where part of a race that where more than human, be it from deep deep space or another Planet called Nibiru, i belief the writings that cover these things are locked away from prying eyes, However if the Nibiru thing does become reality they will have no choice than to tell us, and even now if they exist we have a right to know, the silence and the secrets surrounding all this is designed to keep us in check, they would have no control over anyone if it was known the heritage of the human race lies amongst the stars, because the first thing we would do is scream for help to save us from our controllers, if somebody already hasn't.

As for life out there amongst the stars i totally believe they are there and i believe they regularly visit us to see what is happening.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
the word giant doens't appear once in the old testament. when greek helenist translated the old testament into greek, they replaced the world nephillim with gigantes, and then the romans turned gigantes into giants.
giants isn't mentioned once in the old testament.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I read something similar a long time ago that said Goliath was the same, ive never been in any doubt whatsoever that all the stories of the old testament where based on truth of one kind or another, the new testament you may as well lob into the fire because it has been changed and altered so many times where does reality start? there are even gospels missing.

The New Testament is regarded as the most accurate and well corroborated ancient text of any that are out there. There are over 24000 manuscripts all in close agreement. The next best is the Greek tale of the Iliad and Odyssey, which has far fewer manuscripts and far more disagreement among them.

The so called 'missing gospels' are missing because they were known forgeries, not worth the scroll paper they were transcribed to. Moreover the gospels tend to peg down their events with specific known historical times and places, most of which have been corroborated and verified. So sorry your analysis is quite wrong.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
One question to you all:

Robert Wadlow grew to the height of 'only' 8ft 11 and look what happened to him, he passed over in his early 20s after health problems.

How then is it plausible for a person to grow up to 35ft? Surely gravity would play a key part on ensuring this doesn't happen?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hi!
Interesting but....
This is the part that throws me off:

Originally posted by Crabmeat

You`re taking a mythological being here which is really a legend (more like a story book character), and trying to make a basis for it being real.
There`s absolutely no proof that dudes like Hurcules, Zeus and such actually existed.

Thats like throwing the giant from Jack and the Beanstalk into the mix.

Sorry to say this but, old Hurc was just simply swamp gas.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by johnjohn808]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
sorry to burst your bubble john john, but myths and legends, althought fantastical stories that seem highly contrived, have to be rooted in some truth.
in 1,000 years, if humans are still alive, martin luther king jr's story will be full of contrived half truths, and historians will look at his existence as myth.
that doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

i doubt, extremely doubt, that in ancient times, when scribes were few in between, and scrolls were a precious commodity, that fairy tales would have been written.

top topics

join