It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone identify this UAV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
From the video website:

"Redfish, Florida, USA. Recorded by Mike Hawkins. This film shows an odd type of UFO, similar to some experimental Military Air Vehicles. This UFO is seen hovering over the waters of Florida. The master film is said to be over sixty minutes long."

www.ufocasebook.com...

What military base is near Redfish, FL? Which of the services would be most likely to develop and use this kind of remote aerial surveillance device? Are these devices currently being used in Iraq and Afghanistan?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Looks a lot like a balloon to me...nothing very special....awful video too. Nobody knows how to focus anymore! It's not like the thing was moving at a fast rate of speed.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You can see the top of it swivel around, with what looks like camera lenses sticking out.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Looks like it may have been a hoax. Check out this link.

www.ufovideo.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Saw that one on Fox's ufo specials awhile back.It's one of the few clips that have ever made me say "Holy Sh*t!!!".It looks like a metallic cylinder slowly rotating.Don't think its "alien" though.Personally i think it's a man-made surveillance thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yeah i agree. This link clearly debunks this one..

www.ufovideo.com...

But it kinda makes me want to bust out my own star wars toys and make a video.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Looks like it may have been a hoax. Check out this link.

www.ufovideo.com...

Nice find. I think you nailed it. I compared the photo of the Star Wars toy and the object in the movie, side by side. Except for coloration on the object (painting) they're an exact match!

A stinkeen toy on a string.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Great find Dreamrebel!Sure does look like a hoax but a well shot hoaxl....lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
When I first saw the video (a while back) my jaw dropped and I thought - that has to be real!!! Then I found this website and was kinda bummed to find out how easy it was faked. It made me want to bust out my X-Wing fighter model and give it a whack!! Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Good call, and on a video long said to be good evidence..... I thought it looked like the Star Wars pod....

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm feeling bummed at this moment myself...lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I am glad that someone posted that video. I had dimly remembered seeing it after I was reminded by a documentary I saw on a UAV contest. The particular aerial robot that tweaked my memory was this one from the University of Waterloo entered into a competition in 2002.

Admittedly, not nearly as cool as the Star Wars pod.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
!! That has to be the best hoax ive seen so far thumbs up to you Hawkins!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's ZARDOZ! ZARDOZ is coming!!!

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Micro UAV comes to mind. Prop driven battlefield survey equipment.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
The master film is said to be over sixty minutes long."
Where can i get the master film? Is it out on a site or link i can get it or buy it i want to see the whole dam thing even thought its a hoax
ill buy it if i have too

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So no one here knows where i can get the master tape or something similar to it i want to watch the whole thing not 10 seconds

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
it looks stupid....i knew it was fake by the looks of it...the camera was shaking should the baloon thing move WITH the camera???...that film was edited...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yes but still!!! i want to see the original tape ior a copy ill pay for it i dont care i just want to see it not just 10 seconds!

top topics

join