It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too old to drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There was an accident yesterday caused by an elderly driver in the town I live in.

www.nbc11.com...

All I could think of was "this could have been me and my 2 year old" standing there buying stamps. This has happened a few times in the same place.

At what age do you think the keys should be taken away from Grandma?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't think there should be a set age...but there should be a set age where testing is mandatory...

Personally, I think that after 65, drivers should have to renew their license yearly (though at no cost), and should have a standard form, signed by their doctor, indicating that they are free from conditions that might hamper that priveledge....

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i agree with gazrok on this one, they should still be able to drive, but at some point, regular vision, hearing and physical tests should be required to continue allowing them to have a driver's license.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There is more discussion about this here:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My mom takes care of sick elderly people in Pennsylvania. She told me one time that they just get a form in the mail and then the state issues them another license. These are people who are bed ridden and most can't even walk, let alone drive. I agree with that it should be a yearly test to see when to take that priviledge away. But, then you get into people being like that's not right to make the elderly have to walk 5 miles to the grocery store. If we did this then public transportation would have to get alot better.

new topics

top topics

join