It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could oil companies be tampering with fuel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I want to ask everyone a question? Has anyone noticed that when you fill up your tank that it doesn't last as long as it use to...Now besides fuel cost and mileage driven I swear that fuel is being burned faster in my car no matter how slow I drive. One of my cars is a Audi RS6 with 12K miles and I don't drive it a ton. But it can get 13/24 for a turbo charged v8 thats pretty good. But I swear of late no matter what my fuel is being used faster and faster..?And the car is in perfect working order as far as oil changes and tune ups. I was just wondering if there is in the relm of a possible chance the oil companies have used some sort of additive to the fuel in America to make it burn faster causing more fuel usage. I know it sounds crazy...? But I mean if we are combating the oil companies with gas mileage then they in return would have to combat fuel technology to make their product turn more profit. Besides the cost they would have to figure out a way to keep selling their product to increase these high profit margins. If tobacco uses chemical additives to cause addiction then why can't fuel companies use a additive that would cause more fuel to be used. And with technology I'm certain that would have no effects on the cars OBD computers it would just seem like your car is out of tune? Anyone think this is possible?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

I'm not a mechanic, but i wouldn't be surprised if you could get better mile per gallon out of an older model of vehicle than one of these new ones.

If anything you might wonder whether or not the oil companies are working on cahoots with the motor industry.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What is even worse is the buzz on the local news last few days is gas tainted with water that is causing major engine repair issues for many around here.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Something i learned during my merchant navy survival training just occured to me;

What you need to remember is that fuel is not 'static matter' - in other words it evaporates quite easily due to the fact that it reacts with oxygen in the air.

In otherwords,If you stuck some fuel in your car and left it alone for a while, you'd end up losing fuel.

It's the ultimate commodity really.

jpm1602 - Can you post the article?

I'm kinda interested in finding out a bit more.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Perhaps I am not remembering correctly, but I was under the assumption that almost all gas to be found nowadays is whats called "E 85

15 % Ethanol...On the east coast at least, its hard to find straight gas anymore.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
AT just spent 20 minutes searching local news websites, article is gone. I think it might have been a local issue with some substandard stations. I remember vid of them going out with hydrometers to some stations. They suggested sticking with major providers. BP, SHell, etc. Not going to mom and pop stations.

top topics

join