It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rev. Wright, More then just an attempt to smear Obama?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Over the past few weeks I'm sure most of us have heard the sound bites, etc, etc, etc...

Now initially it all seemed like an attack and smear campaign on Obama via a third party who has no real affiliation to the Obama campaign, similar to that of the Ron Paul, stormfront smear some months back...

But after hearing more to the story, After watching the media spin on things, it's becoming more and more clear that Obama is just a front to a larger campaign.

The way the media keeps focusing on guest opinion, And attacking those opinions when guests bring up valid factual and historical evidence of truth to many of wrights statements, It seems the larger goal here is to desensitize Americans even further, To cast doubt on truth, And to further distance true Patriots, Those who speak the truth about the terrible and evil things our Government has done in our name, To demonize those Patriots who understand the difference between Country and Government, And to turn the sheeple against those Patriots.

The media is continuously taking historical facts, Not only the media but also political figures that are guests, And treating them as if they are blatant lies, they are demonizing the criticism of Government and those who ask legitimate questions regarding our Governments spotty history with the third world and our own State sponsored Terrorism, And these things aren't speculation or conspiracy they are fact, Our Governments hands are bloody, and have in fact through meddling influenced terrorism and not only that but funded, trained, and supported it, Yet the mention of such things is now getting anyone who speaks out against them labeled as unAmerican or unpatriotic...

In my opinion this seems to be just another piece to the puzzle, It's just so unreal the things I'm seeing going on in the media right now, the blatant lies and misinformation being touted as truth and the demonizing of those who seek it...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Obama's "bitter" statement before the PA primaries is a microcosm for the whole of America. He said something that may have been insensitive, hurtful, not politically correct, but it was true.

Nobody can come out and say critical things about this country anymore without being labeled as an enemy of the state, more or less. It's like we've all been reduced to women on their periods (sorry for the massive broad generalization, i'm tired). If you say ONE thing that might hurt our delicate sensibilities, then we're going to stop listening to you, and start freaking out on you instead.

The media doesn't want to be critical (like they should be) of the real issues that we as Americans are so reluctant to face, because nobody in this country wants to hear anything bad about themselves. It's like we've lost our thick skin and we can't take a decent hit anymore.

Rev. Wright isn't a bad person. He doesn't want to kill my children or take away their food. He doesn't want to see Islam become the state law.

I ran out of gas. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
No, Rev. Wright just lives on a 10 million$ property provided by the "Black Church". The Trinity church is a front for Islam. A Christian doesn't bash Jesus and America every sermon in one form or another.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If I understand the OP correctly you are calling him a patriot? Stating that he is speaking truth. Do you think its truth that HIV was perpetrated into black society? Do you think its truth that America deserved 9-11, that it was God's punishment? I think you should really take the time to hear what that extremist is saying.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aaron_Justin
If I understand the OP correctly you are calling him a patriot?
Stating that he is speaking truth.

Speaking out against Government and indentifying its wrong doings is not unpatriotic.

Do you think its truth that HIV was perpetrated into black society?

I don't know enough about the virus, iI's first appearances, or Government projects of the time to make judgement, Nor did I mention these particular statements in my OP

Do you think its truth that America deserved 9-11,

Our Government has

Overthrown democratically elected Governments and installed puppet leaders for its own interests. (All while claiming to spread democracy)
Trained, Funded, and Supported Terrorism for its own interests.(All while demonizing Terrorism)
Trained, Funded, and Supported Dictators for its own interests. (All while demonizing Dictators)
Funded and supported drug cartels, for its one interests. (All while demonizing drugs)
Conducted false flag operations to achieve goals and sell wars.
Lied to start wars.

The list goes on and on.

Did American innocents deserve to be murdered on 9/11?
No more then Afghani or Iraqi innocents have since 2001/3.
An innocent life is an innocent life where one is born does not make that life any more or less valuable.

Is Terrorism wrong and evil? Yes, the most disgusting aspect of terrorism is that it works both ways.

Osama was our hero when we Trained, Funded, and Supported him to do the same things to the Russians, thats his men are doing to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One Countries Terrorist is another Countries Freedom Fighter.

that it was God's punishment?
Hardly.

I think you should really take the time to hear what that extremist is saying.

I've heard enough to know the media is purposely demonizing any criticism of Government.

We are a nation of Ignorant, Complacent, Hypocrites, who would rather stick our fingers in our ears and thumbs up our asses then see the truth and evils within.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I contend that 99% of what most people have heard from Rev. Wright has been taken GREATLY out of context. If you'd hear the 'sermon' up to those points, where the media only gives you a quick soundbite, I'm sure most folks would have a much different opinion of him.

I listened to one sermon which most likely included at least 2 of those early soundbites. I went from disagreeing with the soundbites to agreeing with what was said based on the WHOLE sermon. I believe this is it...

FOX Lies!! Irresponsible Media! Barack Obama Pastor Wright

And to clarify for those that may question my motives... I am white, non-religious and try to listen to Hal Turner weekly (wrap all that around your brain).

[edit on 4/29/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I saw this man of god or something like that yesterday in the news.

I kind of like the Rev. because he dares to speak out very loud, I love people like that.

But he is becoming a thorn in Obamas eyes and to many of his followers he is look at as been on an agenda.

I would love to see this very outspoke man of god taking this nation corruption more to its hart and start some movement in Washington.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Rev Wright is nothing but a distraction from the real issues. Here we are in yet another discussion about a man whom is not even running for president, yet people are treating it as if their life depends on it.

We already have one comment in here that shows how well the distraction works. That his church is a cover for Islam. It baffles me how many people have this image of the blood thirsty muslims plotting and scheming to get Obama into office to bring us down from the inside. Yet they completely ignore how much damage their christian leader has done to our country.

Everytime I read an article about Obama I want to bang my head against my keyboard, because they are never, ever about an important issue.

Obama is not Rev Wright.
People are bitter and god forbid a presidential candidate actually admits it.
We are spending $12,000,000,000/mo on a war that no one wants.
We are spending +$120/bbl on oil that cost $30/bbl before the war.
We are spending $3.70+ on gas.
Food prices are through the roof.
People are losing their jobs.
People are losing their houses.
We using tax payer dollars to bail out millionaire CEO's.
Our civil rights are being stripped away.
People all over the world are starving in large part due to high energy costs.
and on
and on

So, WHY IN THE WORLD DO WE GIVE 2 CRAPS ABOUT REV WRIGHT?

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The point of the OP - which I completely agree with - is that this episode with Wright clearly indicates a change in the perception and characterization of criticism directed at the CorpGov. Anyone who speaks out decisively, eloquently or convincingly about the wrongdoings of the CorpGov is assailed as being un-American. Buckle up, it's only going to get worse.

That being said, while I agree with many of the points he was making, I think Wright is a selfish, ego-maniacal blidiot (blathering idiot) who is totally consumed with commanding attention and pimping a book that will be out on - election day.

Furthermore I think he has single-handedly done more to hurt the advancement of African Americans than anyone in modern history. He will go down in history as the one of the most derided men (think Farrakan) to come out of the civil rights movement. On the upside, this spectacle might just usher in an age of post-racial politics whereby Wright and people of his ilk are shut out of the national political conversation.

[edit on 29/4/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Do you think its truth that HIV was perpetrated into black society?

I don't know enough about the virus, iI's first appearances, or Government projects of the time to make judgement, Nor did I mention these particular statements in my OP

[edit on 29-4-2008 by C0le]

Interestingly enough, there is an article in the ATS archive on this;

At a House Appropriations hearing in 1969, the Defense Department's Biological Warfare (BW) division requested funds to develop through gene-splicing a new disease that would both resist and break down a victim's immune system. "Within the next 5 to 10 years it would probably be possible to make a new infective micro-organism which could differ in certain important respects from any known disease-causing organisms. Most important of these is that it might be refractory to the immunological and therapeutic processes upon which we depend to maintain our relative freedom from infectious diseases." (See - A Higher Form of Killing: The Secret Story of Chemical and Biological Warfare by R. Harris and J. Paxman, p 266, Hill and Wang, pubs.) The funds were approved.

AIDS appeared within the requested time frame, and has the exact characteristics specified.

I think our mutual friend mr. Justin needs to have a look in the archive, and stop spewing random accusations attacking people's moral fiber.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yes, I think the media is using this as an excuse to continue to push the message that criticism of the government should be frowned upon. This is nothing new though, it has been prevalent since the "you're either with us or against us" days following 9/11. They are using Wright as an excuse to further the agenda of turning public opinion against naysayers. I see it more as capitalizing on the situation, not creating the situation.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

... commanding attention and pimping a book that will be out on - election day.

Who is pimping what here? Seems to me (as Karl somewhat noted), it is the media who is doing the pimping for someone else's agenda.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I didn't have an idea who he was until they paraded him on the news and for Obama, if he addresses the dear Rev. he will be perpetuating the issue.

Is better to ignore him and be done with.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think he is on Clinton's payroll. I'm half serious about that. This clown just won't shut up. Every few days he gets himself on TV. He knows how much harm he is doing so he must be doing it intentionally.

Now that he is retiring to his new mansion he probably is looking to become the next Sharpton or Jackson. He is off to a good start. He is addicted to celebrity and it could not be more obvious.

He is also good buddies with Farrakhan. How does a Christian go about endorsing Farrakhan?

Obama used that church to help him get power and now his pet has turned on him, and bit him on the ass.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If you are stepping back from the statements in my previous post claiming you do not know enough about them, then you cannot say that the good Reverand speaks truth. These are the things he is saying. People can say his soundbytes are taken out of context or whatever, but in reality even in his latest interviews he is saying the same things. I am with you that the government is taking away our civil freedoms, I beleive the federal government is impeding upon states rights, I think this country needs a revolution. Not in the armed variety, but the American people need to start holding the government accountable.

Now with all this said, I do not agree with the outlandish extremist remarks made by Mr. Wright. He talks like he was just set free from being a slave yesterday. He speaks as though black problems are the fault of the government. Thats rediculous. There is a multitude of "black only" programs that are in my opinion racist as no other race can partake in them, just to help the black race out. Instead of trying to incite unrest in his congregation, he should be trying to use his position to do something productive instead of play the blame game.

Now onto the "we shouldnt be talking about this guy, hes not running for president" comments.

When a man runs for the highest office in a country, every part of his life comes under scrutiny. When a man has a spiritual guide that feeds him the kind of things his paster fed him, then one can only surmise that said man has then come to beleive the things his pastor is speaking. Hes drinking the kool-aid if you will. If I do not agree with what a pastor thinks and says, I am not going to go and sit through his sermons. Simple as that. So yes, it is an issue that is, again in my own opinion, open to be discussed when considering Obama as president.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm an Obama supporter as you can see from my sig. I think originally, the Rev. Wright was demonized unfairly by the media... out of hours and hours of sermons, they took a couple of sentences and made a big deal out of it. If you actually listen to some of those sermons in their entirety, they make sense. I don't agree with the language that Rev. Wright used, but I do think that he WAS taken out of context to a large degree. At the very least, a few dumb things the guy said were amplified and repeated, while all of the good things the man has done were ignored.

On the other hand, he sure made a fool out of himself at the National Press Club, and he wasn't doing Senator Obama any favors either. The whole "government created AIDS to kill minorities" thing and constant praise for Louis Farrakhan make him lose a lot of credibility. I think he could have defended himself in a more appropriate way, but the guy just seems to have a huge ego. Senator Obama did the right thing by completely divesting himself of this clown today.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe Rev. Wright has an agenda of his own and it might not necessarily sync up with Obama's?

I look at it this way..

1. If Obama wins, alot of what Wright is espousing looks like it was false or at least overstated.

2. If Obama loses, Wright gets to say, see I told you America is a racist country and the black man does not stand a chance in major politics.

just thinking out loud...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Not God save America! God d**n America!

Rev. Wright

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am not saying that a person should judge Obama on Wright at all. I am just saying it has to be open to scrutiny. It is a valid issue to take into consideration.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hmm... my theory is that Hillary is the Bilderberg prophesized future president of the U.S. and Bilderberg will try to do everything to make that happen. They KNOW that it WILL happen.

Reverend Wright probably has no idea or believe what he's talking about half of the time. He's just saying what may appeal to his audience for support in the form of cash.

<<   2 >>

join