It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Night Out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Man! I won two tickets yesterday to the Sixers Playoff game from the local Sports Radio Show. YEAH! I talked about a real life experience on the air. Kind of like a thread, and stuff!
And being the shy person I am (HAH!) I put out a major league plug for ATS over the airwaves.
So the game was at 7:00pm last evening at the Wachovia center in Philly. My father in law was in town and I invited him to go. Didn't have to twist his arm too much.

"Yo Dad. I have 2 tickets to the game tonight. Want to join me?"

"You kiddin' me or what? Let's F'n go."

So we drive to the Sports Complex. We park in the shadow of the Holy Lincoln Financial Field. The home of the only real Football team - EAGLES!
After I said grace, we walked through the parking lots to the Wachovia Center.
Philadelphia sporting events are an amazing thing. Tail gate parties abound. You have no idea! Barbecues everywhere. People playing football in the parking lot. Frisbees. Hacky Saks. We have the reputation for being a tough crowd. Yeah. I guess we are. BUT. You are welcome to everyone of these tail gaters parties. Walk like you own the place (I have a habit of that.) and everyone welcomes you. Unbelievably awesome.
Anyway, my tickets were at the WILL CALL station. I have no idea where our seats will be. Who cares? It's the event that is so cool!
We go and get our tickets. CB11
I Say to my father in law
"CB11 - not really sure where that is."

"You f'n kiddin' me or what? These are club box seats. What the f--- did you talk about on the radio to get these?"

"Just talked."

"You should be a f'n lawyer."

So we go up one escalator. Then another. Security is checking everything. I show my ticket, and they part quicker than the Red Sea did for Moses. Yeah! I could get used to this!
So we get to CB11. There are 3 security guards standing in front of a locked door.

"Tickets."

"Here."

"Enjoy the game Sir."

They opened the door and we walked in. OMG! A private bar. A private chef. Seats so amazing that Criss Angel would be amazed!

"Seriously. What the f--- did you talk to Sonny about? You didn't offer to ........'service him' did you? You can't buy a ticket for this game and you got these?"

My father in law is a master at using fowl language. Some people are artisans of stone. Some have a penchant for penmanship. He has the ability to drop an f-bomb in any situation.

A couple classics.

That is one good f'n lookin' Christmas tree.
Did you see how many f'n easter eggs he found?
Pass the f'n potatato's Mom.

He's a tough Sicilian Bastaad. He's one of the few men on this planet I fear. But I'm lucky in that he considers me a Paisan.

"Hmmmmmmm....... Nope. Just talked."

"Bada f'n Bing!"

I bought a cap for my son, and we got our Sixers Towels. The game started and it was awesome. The place was electric! I was screaming like a maniac. Jumping up and down, twirling my towel.

Unfortunately the Sixers lost, but what a great night. Even the ride home was good. Virtually no traffic.

Man!

Sonny Hill! I owe you. You said you were gonna become a member here. Welcome!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Fantastic, I'm glad you had a great time!
I'm sure you very well deserved every bit of it!

Originally posted by lombozo
A couple classics.

That is one good f'n lookin' Christmas tree.
Did you see how many f'n easter eggs he found?
Pass the f'n potatato's Mom.

Lmao, thats some funny classics!

You have a nice day!

*Courtney*

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Awesome! Couldnt have happend for a better person.

You had better do a follow up on the air for the radio program, just remember you are "OUR" guy, and dont you forget it!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Bada bing buddy!
gotta get used to saying that and not putting it together with an EAST SIDE MARIO's commercial..lol..

www.eastsidemarios.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Cool stuff, Lombozo.

top topics

join