It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condi Rice and the Pan-Hellenic Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The little known Pan-Hellenic society is painted as a fun loving, wholesome society of sorority and fraternity.

Here, you can see that Condoleezza Rice is a proud member.

But, lets take a look at one of their "temples"

When Temple architect Arthur Knox (Northwestern University, 1902) designed this room, he dubbed it simply an "assembly hall." With a platform built at the room's eastern end, and a vaulted ceiling providing a gothic air, the room has served as a general meeting space for many decades. Chapter meetings, initiations, and presentations, as well as dances, "smokers," movie screenings, teas, "card and bunco parties," and even church daycare are just a few of the many types of events held here over the years. From the 1930s through the 1960s, the Panhellenic Room, along with its adjoining "antechamber" and fireplace, was said to be the most popular and most used space in the Temple.

In 1934, Temple artist Johannes Waller (Northwestern University, 1934) undertook the tremendous task of painting the Panhellenic Room. Over the course of three years, he painted the ceiling with 59 coats-of-arms of Greek letter organizations in the order of their founding. Next, he tackled the painting of the canvases hung along the north wall - commonly called "murals." The murals depict important events in SAE history: the rescue of passengers from the ship, Lady Elgin, by the Coast Guard, which included students from Northwestern University; the initiation of Lloyd Brown (Wisconsin-Madison 1917) at Andernach Castle during WWI; the founding of SAE at the University of Alabama on March 9, 1856; members of the Tennessee Omega (University of the South) chapter delivering mail to raise money to build SAE's first chapter house; and the founding of Phi Beta Kappa in 1776.

Waller's last project in the Panhelenic Room was to paint a scaled down copy of Raphael's Renaissance masterpiece, "School of Athens." The origional painting was commissioned by Pope Julius II in 1509 and hangs in the Vatican. Waller painted his copy using a lantern projector to cast an image of the painting on the wall. Using this image, he then traced the painting's outline on the canvas hung on the wall. He completed the painting in 1938.

Source: Sigma Alpha Epsilon
www.sae.net...

Notice on their homepage, is the symbol of the star rising in the east, the same as the eye above the pyramid.
www.sae.net...

Who or what is Pan-Hellenic?

Root of Panhellenic:

Pan - meaning "all" or "encompassing"

Hellenic - refering to Hellenes or the Hellenic Culture, another name for Greek.

Therefore, Panhellenic means all-Greek. It is used to signify the organization or councils that supervise Greek organizations, usually sororities, on a campus.

The National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) is made up of 26 national sorority member groups. www.greeklife.org...]http://www.greeklife.org/npc

The National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) is made up of 9 historically Black fraternities and sororities. www.nphc.org...

The National InterFraternity Council (NIC)oversees the 66+ member fraternities. There are members of the NIC that also belong to the NPHC. IN addition, there is some cross over for some of the Latino groups. www.nicindy.org...

The Latino organizations have tried on at least 2 separate occasions that I know to form national councils. Unfortunately the infighting between the organizations causes many problems and the groups can't seem to bond together for common interest.

www.greekchat.com...

One simple question. Who are they worshipping in their temples?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This is what I think of when I hear the name Pan.

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

Some, in Greek times, called him All, or All encompassing.

Hellenic is the belief in the god's of the underworld, in greek
mythology, and chants and rituals are induced to invoke these
spirits and bring about the "Rise Of Chtulhu".

Hymn To Pan
Aleister Crowley, 1929

Thrill with the lissome lust of the light,
O man! My man!
Come careering out of the night
Of Pan! Io Pan!
Io Pan! Io Pan! Come over the sea
From Sicily and from Arcady!
Roaming as Bacchus, with fauns and pards
And nymphs and satyrs for thy guards,
On a milk-white ass, come over the sea
To me, to me,
Come with Apollo in bridal dress
(Shepherdess and pythoness)
Come with Artemis, silken shod,
And wash thy white thigh, beautifal God,
In the moon of the woods, on the marble mount,
The dimpled dawn of the amber fount!
Dip the purple of passionate prayer
In the crimson shrine, the scarlet snare,
The soul that startles in eyes of blue
To watch thy wantonness weeping through
The tangled grove, the gnarled bole
Of the living tree that is spirit and soul
And body and brain - come over the sea,
(Io Pan! Io Pan!)
Devil or God, to me, to me,
My man! My man!
Come with trumpets sounding shrill
Over the hill!
Come with drums low muttering
From the spring!
Come with flute and come with pipe!
Am I not ripe?
I, who wait and writhe and wrestle
With air that hath no boughs to nestle
My body, weary of empty clasp,
Strong as a lion and sharp as an asp -
Come, O come!
I am numb
With the lonely lust of devildom.
Thrust the sword through the galling fetter,
All-devourer, all begetter;
Give me the sign of the Open Eye,
And the token erect of thorny thigh,
And the word of madness and mystery,
O Pan! Io Pan!
Io Pan! Io Pan Pan! Pan Pan! Pan,
I am a man:
Do as thou wilt, as a great god can,
O Pan! Io Pan!
Io Pan! Io Pan Pan! I am awake
In the grip of the snake.
The eagle slashes with beak and claw;
The Gods withdraw;
The great beasts come, Io Pan! I am borne
To death on the horn
Of the Unicorn.
I am Pan! Io Pan! Io Pan Pan! Pan!
I am thy mate, I am thy man,
Goat of thy flock, I am gold, I am god,
Flesh to thy bone, flower to thy rod.
With hoofs of steel I race on the rocks
Through solstice stubborn to equinox.
I rave; and I rape and I rip and I rend
Everlasting, world without end,
Mannikin, maiden, maenad, man,
In the might of Pan.
Io Pan! Io Pan Pan! Pan! Io Pan!

[edit on 25-4-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Here is a nice little piece about the Hellenic religion.

The Helliniki Hetaireia Archaiophilon (Societas Hellenica Antiquariorum), is a non-profit private organization, based in Athens-Greece, dedicated to the revival of the traditional Hellenic religion of the Dodecatheon (Twelve Olympian Gods and the Pantheon of Demons and Heroes). This religion has survived as an underground faith for many centuries. We think that time has come that it be resurrected at its homeland.
The organization offers activities to its members every evening, dealing with the traditional Hellenic religion, Hellenic philosophy (Pythegorean, pre-Socratic, Platonic, Stoic, neo-Platonic etc), our Holy Mythology, as well as scientific lectures, symposia, public discourses and social activities. Above all, we practice our rituals and worship the Gods, in the traditional manner.
The main problems of Hellenic Pagans are: 1. Our religion is not recognized officially by the modern Greek state. 2. The mystic tradition of our people (Eleusinian, Kaberian, Delphian etc) has been interrupted.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
But the Greek connection is an Illuminated one.

Aristotle Socrates Onassis -- named after two Greek philosophers, went from being totally broke at age 21 to being a millionaire at age 23. His father’s first name was Socrates. Aristotle was an Illuminati king, a shipping tycoon, an intelligent ruthless hard-driving man, a man of the world who spoke a number of languages such as French, Spanish, English, Italian, and Turkish. He married JFK’s widow. His ever present sunglasses made him look like Al Capone to a number of people.

Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis-Her father was a member of the Society of the Cincinnati, the American equivalent to the Order of the Garter. Her father " Black Jack" was corrupt, what is known as a womanizer. He worked at making a living from the stock market. Jackie’s "step-father" was the Auchincloss family, an elite family. Her step-father’s second wife before Jackie’s mother was Senator Thomas Gore’s daughter. Her step-father was in Naval Intelligence. Jackie went to the schools that the children of the elite go to. On the anniversary of JFK’s assassination, Orville & Jane Freeman were the only ones to remember the date to say or do something about it. Jackie went that day to Central Park and had a good cry.

Stavros Niarchos-Aristotle’s brother-in-law and Ari’s business competition. Stavros’ parents came from Sparta, Greece. His relatives were rich. Stavros went into shipping and after W.W. II broke out, left Greece to avoid having to fight for Greece. He was a close friend of Colgate, Roosevelt and Bernard Baruch, who he would invite to his house on Long Island. He rented his Long island house from Harry Hopkins who was the man who told Pres. F.D. Roosevelt what to do. Even though he was a millionaire, he had a difficult time avoiding have to serve. Eventually, he managed to get himself situated as a naval officer in intelligence for Greece in Alexandria, Egypt. Information sent Into the ‘69-70 Who’s Who reference book about his war time exploits are fictitious. Niarchos and Aristotle were friends from 1934 onward, but also at times enemies trying to outdo each other. Both frequently went to St. Moritz, Swit., a ski resort. Stavros also frequents an old Medici family Palace/estate near Turin where the Duke of Edinburgh and Baron Elie de Rothschild like to go and shoot birds. The estate has many and it isn’t unusual for them to kill a thousand a day. Stavros is an important leader of the Bilderbergers and a billionaire. He married Henry Ford II’s daughter who was 38 years younger than he was, and divorced her shortly afterwards. He worked closely with David Rockefeller.

Did you know there is a congression caucus on Hellenic events?

As you may know, I am a co-chair of the Congressional Caucus on Hellenic Issues, which currently has 132 members. In 1996, Representative Michael Bilirakis (R-FL) and I founded the Caucus to foster and improve relations between the United States and Greece. The Caucus focuses on key diplomatic, military, and human rights issues in a critical part of the world by promoting legislation, sending letters, arranging briefings, and disseminating information to interested parties.

Some of the topics important to the Caucus include U.S. aid to Greece and Cyprus, the illegal occupation of Cyprus, U.S. relations with the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), and developments in the Aegean.
An important member of NATO, Greece historically has been a valuable ally, and has been critical to U.S. efforts to fight the war on terrorism. Additionally, the United States must continue its work to help the people of Cyprus achieve a lasting peace settlement that reunifies the island and ends the
illegal occupation of Cyprus by Turkish troops.

Carolyn Maloney

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So what do you suppose this means if she eventually takes the seat of President after winning the position of VP to make it all happen? She could have NEVER won the GOP nomination for President, but this could be the stepping stone to get there by any means...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Bumping this back up for discussion...

top topics

join