It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are We?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have asked myself this question time and time again. "who are we?"

This is who we are!

We are an amazing race of independently thinking people. A race so powerful, we SHOULD be feared and respected. A race that is not controllable because even if you have the ultimate power, you don't necessarily have the control of all of us. If you overtake our world, we will go underground, regroup, and plan a revolution.

On our own planet, evil men may plot. But they will ultimately fail in the grand scheme of things. And on a more broad picture, other life forms may come, and may fight, but we have something they want. They observe us because they truly envy us. They envy our unique personalities, and our free will. They fear what we may become in time. And they ponder the greatness that we are.

So who are we? We are humanity. We are great. Though darkness may dwell in the hearts of all men, there is also goodness, and greatness in each of us. And everyday that we wake up, we choose which to feed.

In time, we will no longer be sitting on this planet looking up to the stars, but we will dwell among them. We will blaze new and foreign paths to other planets. We will excel and achieve greatness on new and exciting frontiers. We will not be stopped. We are meant to be great.

Consider what they've said: 6 times humanity has been on this planet. And consider this: Lots of people say they feel something within them. Something they've been waiting on. We are just beginning to truly question who we are, and what we are truly capable of. It will only get more exciting. We will expand our minds, and expand our reach. And we will show the universe... who we are.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Who are we? We are light of course. Pure light that has re awakened. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I feel that it is worth pointing out that I think we will become one of the most powerful races in the universe. Our free will, individuality, and determination to rise and to seek new horizons, will be our ultimate power.

I do believe we are violent on a large scale. And perhaps that will be our strength, as well as our downfall. My personal view is that the mind is completely powerful, and we are expanding and increasing our mental abilities. I'm excited to see where we go as a race. I believe the time is coming quickly.

We all feel the desire to be noble deep within us. The drive to be something more. Something amazing and powerful. It pushes us to stretch out. To test, and to expand. The thread that mentions us feeling like we're waiting for something, I believe is one and the same with this feeling.

I believe the time of humanity is upon us.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

great more baseless claims... doesn't this website have enough!

anyway how many other races have you seen, that would make you say we are one of the most powerful in the universe?

the human race is pathetic, we cannot sustain our selves, we are selfish, we are weak and very easily manipulated.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey

great more baseless claims... doesn't this website have enough!

anyway how many other races have you seen, that would make you say we are one of the most powerful in the universe?

the human race is pathetic, we cannot sustain our selves, we are selfish, we are weak and very easily manipulated.

You're completely wrong. This isn't baseless. This is entirely founded. I was in your shoes mentally not even 2 weeks ago. But then I began to step outside the box. We are far from weak. You are thinking on military terms. Strength in weapons. You need to think broader. Our race will evolve into something completely awesome.

The reason I say as much is simple; We are free to move, act, be... and we are capable of truly amazing things when we put effort into it.

In fact, it's hard to even explain, but you have to look beyond the perception of your eyes. Beyond the simple and into the deep. Humanity is not the failure that you think it is, or that I thought it was.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We are, quite simply, the sum of our parts; we are, more or less, what we make ourselves to be.

Or, at least, that's what the 'educated' people tell us.

We are like onto our creator, created of his essence and of his image, so, in part, we are part of the divine, and at the same time, the divine is within us.

That is, of course, if you were to except the 'spiritual' people.

Humans, as a whole, try to look for a rhyme or reason for their existence, simply because they cannot except the fact that there is no reason, there is no meaning or greater purpose.

Anyone a 'realist'?

We are created from the very essence of star-stuff, our cells have been recycled throughout history so many times that each of us contains a small part of each other. Mitrocondrea (-5 points for spelling) is the spark that gave us, and continues to give us, life.

We spend more time devising ways to kill each other when we could use just a portion of that effort to create miracles.

So, you ask, what are we?

We are the damned, living within our own hell-on-earth, devised not by some fallen angel, but by our own wishes. We erect monuments to gods, only to tear them down and erect new temples to new gods, only to repeat the process, never once giving thought to what the gods we used to worship think.

We are fickle, always craving the next big thing, wanting to know what lies behind curtain number 2 without having the patience to work our way to solving that problem. We are a greedy lot; it doesn't matter if the horde revolves around the material or the metaphysical or the emotional... whatever we desire, we cannot have enough, and the person that needs it or wants it be damned. Sure, sure, there are those rare few that do more for others then themselves... but as quantum physics teaches, there is an exception to every rule.

So, what are we?

We are slaves to our own thoughts, slaves to our desires, and slaves to our creations.

We create gods, and give them power though our prayer. The more who believe, the more powerful they become, and the more fanatic we become. We are slaves to our gods, because we want to be.

We are slaves to money. We work to make it, only to spend it in such high amounts that we have to work twice as hard to survive, because we cannot be without any want or need.

We are slaves to our own short-comings.

With all that I have said, and with there being so much more that needs to be brought forth, how an anyone expect us, humans one and all, to feel proud? Even the righteous amongst us, I am certain, have turned a blind eye on some act or deed that was uncalled for or worse.

Deep within our hearts, buried within our collective memories, we know what we are, what we are meant to be, and we have turned away from that destiny to fall within our own misery. Why?

Why do cutters do what they do? Why do people turn to violence when they cannot face the truth? Why to the abused act as if everything is normal when the scars are clearly there?

Look deep and discover what has been forgotten, and you will learn exactly just what we are, and what we are meant to be.

[edit on 2008/4/26 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Soothsayer,

Thank you for contributing to this thread. I believe you have answered honestly, however... it seems you have been overwhelmed by the lack of compassion in our race. While I am usually the one who says, "We are violent, and will never escape this planet!", I have done as I said, and taken a step back.

We are violent. We do create Lords, and Gods to rule us. We do enslave ourselves with our own creations and acts. But, we are better than this ultimately.

And while I am afraid that many will fall in this evolution of humanity, there will be many who will rise beyond the norm, and become the greatness that is within us.

Many are rising each day. And many more shall. Its a matter of going beyond yourselves. Seeing that our bodies are not simply reality, and that they are only temporary. Vehicles, if you will. And that we are destined to move on. To move forward. And to accomplish exciting and powerful things... it will happen. But it's not an easy thing for people to accept.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I agree that we are capable of doing great things and of having great power. But in the end, we are still fragile organisms. The human race can easily be wiped out by a well developed virus. For example, who's smarter: humans or HIV? The virus is WAY smarter than us.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nattykoo
I agree that we are capable of doing great things and of having great power. But in the end, we are still fragile organisms. The human race can easily be wiped out by a well developed virus. For example, who's smarter: humans or HIV? The virus is WAY smarter than us.

Hardly as WE invented the dam thing. This virus is TOO clever to have just come out of a rainforest. It attacks the very cells in the body that kill viruses, the T cells wow how clever, sounds like a design to me. Man is far cleverer than you realize its just we don't get to know the half of it. We are only told what we need to know, the rest is kept for the chosen few.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sure you can say that we invented the strong viruses through our antibiotics. But in the end, it's because they outsmart us that we have to make antibiotics in the first place. HIV isn't that simple. Their protein coat 'changes' rapidly too, making it impossible to 'trace them'. They're clever enough.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
We have zero knowledge on how we rank with alien races. The sum of our existence doesn't amount to the blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things. We are completely dependent on a rock in the middle of nothing, which we may be destroying. We have no means to get off this planet or defend ourselves from a galactic natural disaster, we can't even keep ourselves safe from our own devastating ideas.

We are thoughtful people but we are flawed. We have the freedom and the ability to excel, but we don't know discipline. We can't move forward until we as a people possess those traits, and we are instead diving head-long into a world of self-fulfillment and instant gratification.

Humanity got to the party late and forgot our wallets at home.

I still love being human though!

new topics

top topics

join