It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God need a spaceship?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I was brought up a christian and for the most part I still am. I decided not to be blind to facts or deaf to anything outside of of the christian belief. I guess you could say I was curious about who God really is and also what God is, where he lives, what he does for a living and so forth.
I started researching the old testament and when I got to Ezekiel my research took on a whole new meaning for me. I searched for all the old books that were removed from the KJ version and even books that should have been in the new testament but were not.
Now I have a question...What does God need with a spaceship to get around?

[edit on 23-4-2008 by alienib]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I guess no one has that answer or opinion

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
God doesnt, God's do.
Its that simple.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
wrong answer, when Ezekiel spoke to the being that came out of the spaceship he called him his God

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
How do you know God was physically and literally onboard?

For all we know, that "spaceship" was nothing more than a beacon used to communicate with the Almighty.
If it was a spaceship, maybe it was some sort of visual/holographic/(insert future technology here) transciever.

Since Man is not able to come in a direct face to face contact with God tells me we probably cannot breathe in His environment.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well we can all just make our guesses and I would agree with you if Ezekiel had not called him God

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alienib

So HIS god is THE one GOD for SURE? How do you know this?

Im curious, have you ever read the Nag Hamaddi? Anyways, Ill read it (ezk) again and come back to this later, sorry(to myself) if Im being foolish.

Also, whats the difference between GOD, God, Lord, Lord God and Father?

[edit on 4/23/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Are you saying the bible is wrong? And who was flying the ship that led Moses out of Egypt?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alienib

no, misinterpreted.

Not even MIS interpreted, because each interpretation works for each individual.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
interpretation is the downfall of oneness. The bible is either correct or not. Actually it is not complete.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienib
interpretation is the downfall of oneness. The bible is either correct or not. Actually it is not complete.

Sounds like you are assuming the Bible was written by God. As far as I know, the only thing written by God, were the 10 commandments.
The Bible was written by man, thus ALWAYS open to 1000's of different interpretations (remember free will?)
As for Ezekiel what he saw, and it´s description of being a space ship, is the interpretation of Erich Von Daniken in Chariots of the Gods .
Quote, "If you read the Bible, you find a god who is driving around in chariots, what the prophet Ezekial describes very clearly"
Author Sticks by ET theories
he doesn´t say it is God because in the same interview he states
"A god who has to create experiments to wait for what the results will be cannot be God. God has to be all present, so He does not need a vehicle in which to move around, a vehicle with smoke and fire and thundering. God, naturally, does not make any mistakes"
Does this mean, that there is a chance that there are other beings, that could have been seen as a "God" by humans at some point in time? YES.
Think about this, if you were able to go to the most remote jungle, that had NO kind of communication with the outside world, did not know of modern ways of transportation , had never seen a different type of human being besides their own tribe, had never seen a flashlight, lighter, cell phone, any type of modern object that we take for granted and use everyday etc and you arrived via helicopter and the local natives, saw you land, odds are, you would be a "strange being that came from the sky"
If you were charsimatic enough and convincing enough, you could probably even become a "God" to them.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If you believe in the watchers then what you just said goes against that

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ya ever notice god never has a face when the lowly human creature is confronted by his/its approach. Than we have to swallow the story of omnipetent, divine, all knowing god/gods from genesis who walked in the garden with the duo and later seem to not know because they failed to know the serpent was around and have to ask questions of the partriarch/matriarch while in the garden. Than we read a human tone of anger from the god claiming, (adam) he has become as one of us with knowledge of the gods. Than to further confirm god is corpreal he/it has to question cain about murdering his bro able since god liked the smell of meat over veggies.

Since god created us in his/its likeness, we must be owned by aliens who look as we. Well maybe not exactly as god/it, but we have eyes, nose, ears, hands, arms, legs and a brain like he/it/them (remember he walked in the garden, smelled the meat cooking, and didn't know some stuff). And now we have truly become as the gods, we can create life and fly.

God(s) need starships just as we need starships to terraform and populate planets as part of human expansion upon the stars like our gods did with us from the heavens.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I will say that you are correct...we and God need a spaceship to travel from star to star

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

I´m sorry do you even know who The Watchers are?
I´m not going to argue with you, you asked a specific question, I gave my interpretation of your question. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
No God has written nothing that we can point to and according to you, not even the the commandments cause the God that wrote them is the same God that led Moses out of Egypt from the sky.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yes I do know who the watchers are

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

No its not complete, tons of stuff was left out of it, but why? Was that THE God's choice, or some lesser God like an ET or somethings(human) influence to keep us from the truth?

So interpretation is the downfall of oneness, then we should only read the original language the Bible was written in, there is SO much lost in translation, which leads to different interpretations.

Anyways, thanks for the morning chat, Im off to see the wizard....

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienib
I guess no one has that answer or opinion

And my guess is that most probably don't see how did spaceships creep into meditation on God...

To keep this discussion as simple (or intelligible) as possible, I would just like to point out that stories about what seems like a description of a spaceship don't have anything to do with the nature of God.
There is enough room in a book like the Bible for both legends and stories and truly transcendental insights.
So, let's assume - just for the sake of the argument - that some of the incidents recounted in the Bible really were about spaceships... What has that to do with the Godhead?

When you were a child, you thought about God's dwelling place, about his occupation in life (that's a cute one ; ) and so forth.
But now you are not a child anymore - at least I am assuming you aren't - so here is what I believe to be one of the truest insights of all times:

God sees through your eyes.
God listens through your ears.

God experiences this world through YOU.

And if you think this is a pretty metaphor... think again.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I really don't mean to make anyone mad or upset...just looking for answers that most run from

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join