It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I saw one. ( UFO ) To me at least.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have been looking up at the sky all my life and have never seen any flying object I could not identify. I grew up a mile from an international airport, and twenty miles from an Air force base. I know what an airplane looks like. I have been into Astronomy for over 25 years and have a bit of decent equipment for it. I am familiar with what should be in the night sky.

I live North East of Buffalo, NY. The weather has been beautiful the last few days here, so my girlfriend and I decided to lay outside on a hammock under a large maple tree in my back yard. Being a somewhat clear night, I was thinking I should go and fetch my binoculars from my car. ( which I only use for Astronomy ) Instead I just kept laying there looking up at the sky, and that’s when I saw it.

It was about 10:15 PM EDT April 22nd . Three “objects” moved fast across the sky in a “V” formation. They came from the SSW and were moving to the NNE. I only saw them for about 3 seconds. They passed over the tree I was laying under. The tree already has small leaves on it, which is early in the year for a Maple tree up here. I did jump up and ran to my fence to try and spot them again, but was unable to find them a second time.

Being dark out I could not make out too much detail. They were three black shapes, maybe roundish, against a overly light-polluted night sky. They could have been large birds flying high, EXCEPT, their bottoms were lit with a faint greenish - yellowish glow. I can not say how high these things were. My first thought was they were only a few hundred up, which means they were moving a couple hundred MPH, however they may have been much higher, much larger, and moving much faster.

As my title suggests, they were only unidentified to me. I am not ready to say that I saw something from “out of this world”. I will say, I wish I did grab my binoculars beforehand.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thanks for posting and sharing your sighting

You never forget your first sighting...sounds like you already had the "bug" before it though
Congrats! Maybe someone in your area saw it also.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I made a quick MS paint picture of what they looked like.

I know, I should have been an artist.

new topics

join