It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anybody going to just skip the presidental vote and go right to other things?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I personally am. I hate the 3 who could possibly be elected president, and I refuse to cast my vote for any of them. I personally think I'll just go straight to voting for congress, governer, new laws, etc. what sucks is, this is the first election I'll be old enough to vote in, and all the presidental candidates, at least in my book, suck.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Going to write in Ron Paul's name.

Forget the other three. No confidence.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am not even going to waste my time.
Elections are a farce.
The selected to be elected all belong to the same club.
Nothing will change regardless of which one wins.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
I am not even going to waste my time.
Elections are a farce.
The selected to be elected all belong to the same club.
Nothing will change regardless of which one wins.

but theres still a lot of municipal and state stuff to vote on. I completely agree with you as far as presidental candidates go, but there's going to be plenty of other things to look at, so at least that'll be fun I guess...

BTW, I agree mostly with paul, but 2 of his ideas just won't work:

1. going to the gold standard. when this was around, the population was lower, it would not work now, simply because there is not enough gold.

2. running on tariffs. the president has no control over what congress does, and congress will spend too much money for this to be sufficent.

but other than that, paul would be great.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I was thinking of not voting, but that seems wrong to me. So instead I am going to do a write in. It may not do anything, but it is worth the shot. Really, if enough people did write ins then maybe we could get someone other than what has been presented to us as candidates. (and I use that term loosely)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You must vote! Write in Tay Zonday or that guy booger from Revenge of the Nerds but at least vote. They are supposed to record every vote so history will remember that at this time you felt the best head of the executive branch of the United States of America was _________. Maybe it's political graffitti but it's something. DOOO EEEET!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Don't give up yet, people. You may actually have a choice in November...

"I will end the Nanny State. I will give personal responsibility back to the American people. The decisions on how to live your lives are yours. The decision on vaccinations for your children is yours. The decision on what to eat is yours. The decision on what to watch on your computer or television is yours. The decision to own a gun is yours. The decision to smoke or drink or gamble is yours. The job of government is not to protect you from yourself. Or to prosecute victimless crimes. Big Brother will no longer be open for business under my watch."

"The legacy I want to leave is simple and straight-forward. I want to be known as the man who took the power away from the government and gave it back to the people. Who cut government down to size. Who took the side of the individuals versus government. Who let the taxpayers keep more of their own money. Who rewarded the people that produced all the wealth, started the businesses, took the risks, created the jobs, made the payrolls, and paid the taxes. Who cared about the rights, freedoms and liberty of the people. Who protected the constitution. Who made all Americans, Libertarians."

--- Wayne Root

I anticipate 2 things...

1> Wayne will get his TV time

2> Wayne will pick Ron Paul or Mike Gravel as his running mate

Both, simply imo. This is our 'hope', people. Don't give up yet...

I started a thread here

The quotes are from this page

Here is Wayne's website

Here is the website of the Libertarian Party

[edit on 4/24/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've said it in other threads and I'll say it again, if you don't vote, please please PLEASE don't whine and complain about who's in office. I believe America really could be turned around if more people got off the "woe is me" thing about "my vote doesn't count anyway", stuff happens. It's your right not to vote, but it's a privelage TO vote.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
As I stated in a earlier post, all you have to choose from is either pest or cholera. That is the sad truth about a country with only to polical parties. I do however strongly feel you should vote, that all who can should vote. This election is to important, and to let it slide is not an option. I personally believe that Obama could turn a new page in american history. Hillary is not an option, just more of the same blah blah blah. McCain... I'm sure he's great at the sunday BBQ, but he hasen't got a prayer in this race.

new topics

top topics

join