It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMA, Stupid people and unchecked violence in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sexysadie

Lol, nah, not at all actually. I find the whole over-masculine thing kinda funny really, but I'm a live and let live type. While we may be against it, or think it's rather stupid (since I enjoy the peace/harmony elements of Wushu), we are thinking rational people.

This is uncommon in the world at large and reality wins when pitted against our wishes.

I wish people would read a book once in a while, stop thinking of different ways to group ourselves, be violent outside of a true need for it, etc, etc.

I'm also a great proponent of social action and a great antagonist to government involvement more often than not.

About the woman comment, I just find (on the whole) women to be against violence and all things associated with it on a much larger scale than their male counterparts. I expect men to, while they may or may not agree and may have risen above it, at least recognize the reality of humanity, the world, and maleness in general.

Having watched a great many animal shows, I can tell you that rational thinking can not remove our ridiculous nature, although to be honest, it's not all bad.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I live in Las Vegas, so surely everyone knows we play host to a majority of the MMA events that take place in the U.S.

There has never been a big problem with fans getting violent before, during or after an MMA event.

Oddly enough, the thing that caused the biggest problem here was the NBA All Star game.

I don't think I need to explain the difference between the fan bases each of those events attract in order to spell out the problem.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
MMA fighters are today's equivalent to the gladiators of Rome.
and the true Spartans are just now being trained as young as 6 yr old in MMA
now those fighters will truly be awesome to watch and i for one cant wait the 12 years until they turn 18 and enter the octagon
Modern day Spartans! think about it!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join