It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to Criminalize Internet-Based Incitement to Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

European Union justice ministers have agreed that using the Internet to publish bomb recipes or call for acts of terrorism to be committed should count as a criminal offence.

The 27 member states agreed on Friday, April 18, to introduce as new offences "public provocation to commit a terrorist offence, recruitment, and training for terrorism" which would be punishable "also when committed through the Internet."

People found guilty of "disseminating terrorist propaganda and bomb-making expertise through the Internet can therefore be prosecuted and sentenced to prison," the justice ministers said in a joint statement

www.dw-world.de...

This has frightening implications; could the rant of someone posted in the heat of anger now be viewed as inciting terrorism? Ominous doings for all internet users who disagree with any govt. Why is this inapropriate?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It means anyone who has ever read the Anarchists handbook online can now be considered a terrorist.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You mean, if you said that aliens should attack america, you could be included, as incitting terrorism. Even though your talking about aliens from outer space. lol

Wouldn't that be funny, if you went to court and you wrote on the internet that outer space aliens should kick americas butt, they may conclude that as incitting terrorism.

How funnny would that be, even though this is a serious issue.

Can you do this retroactively, where someone destroyed your life, and what they did would be a crime today, but yesterday it was not?

I hate uk, because of what they did to me, but can i say that now, after these laws come into being. Can i tell the truth i know anbout england anymore, would that be inciting terror?

[edit on 4/20/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I hate uk, because of what they did to me, but can i say that now, after these laws come into being. Can i tell the truth i know anbout england anymore, would that be inciting terror?

What did the UK "do" to you, exactly?

Am interested to know.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

It is to much to go into.

So how do you think you will do against chelsea on tuesday?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master_Wii
The 27 member states agreed on Friday, April 18, to introduce as new offences "public provocation to commit a terrorist offence, recruitment, and training for terrorism" which would be punishable "also when committed through the Internet."

Would this ruling mean that even some of the stuff we discuss over on the Survival threads here at ATS, such as Homemade survival weapons brainstorming be considered 'terrorism'?

top topics

join