It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Indiana tremor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I was just abruptly shook out of bed this morning by a tremor/earthquake, I felt one a few years ago but not near as strong as this one. With all the quakes off the coast in Ore. it could be something is gonna happen. I have no link to a news source as I am reporting it, so Mods if you wish to move this into a more appropriate place feel free. PS at least I hope it was a quake and not a shock wave from a nuke!!!!!!

Found a link apnews.myway.com...

[edit on 18-4-2008 by racegunz]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This forum is fine for breaking news, but we prefer you use the 'submit' button
in the top toolbar to make news submissions.

Breaking General News Posting Guidelines-
Starting threads in the News Forums

And here's a link to some more info on your quake, and area.

earthquake.usgs.gov...
These earthquakes occurred in the Wabash Valley Seismic zone...
The Wabash Valley Seismic zone is adjacent to the more seismically active New Madrid seismic zone on the seismic zone's north and west. The recent earthquake is also within the Illinois basin - Ozark dome region that covers parts of Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, and Arkansas and stretches from Indianapolis and St. Louis to Memphis. Moderately frequent earthquakes occur at irregular intervals throughout the region. The largest historical earthquake in the Illinois Basin region (magnitude 5.4) damaged southern Illinois in 1968. Moderately damaging earthquakes strike somewhere in the region each decade or two, and smaller earthquakes are felt about once or twice a year.

new topics

join