It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: final footage of Reuters journalist killed in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

The editor-in-chief of Reuters demanded that Israel launches a "thorough and immediate investigation" into the killing of one of its cameramen in the Gaza Strip yesterday (David Byers writes).

Footage of Fadel Shana, 23, being killed by a tank shell in the Gaza Strip has been released by the news agency, which said that the cameraman was hit despite clear markings that showed him to be a journalist.

The film shows a tank firing its shell, which explodes causing the picture to go blank as the camera is thrown from Mr Shana's hand.

It then cuts away to a film made by another cameraman positioned nearby, which shows the devastation left by the shell, including two youths who had been passing the scene lying dead in the road.

There's really not much to say on this, other than why the hell did they fire on him? I can suggest that the Israelis possibly thought he was holding a weapon of sorts... and they possibly can use the excuse of fatigue for the poor judgement - But - I contend that the visual technology to see clearly over that short distance is advanced enough to see this situation as plain as day.

[edit on 4/18/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I belive this is a set of pics from the area of the aftermath of the whole attack... or possibly another attack is included in this set...
PHOTO JOURNAL OF ISRAEL’S LATEST ATTACK IN GAZA

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Mabye Journalists shouldnt be sticking their cameras into War Zones...

Thats all...

new topics

join