It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 03:46 PM
link   
First of all, let it be known that I don't necessarily have a problem with the manner in which the board is operated, I just thought I would bring this to attention:
Over my (relatively short) membership to the ABS Board, I have noticed a bit of hypocracy on the part of...well everyone, really. But I find it quite amusing that so many people, even moderators, constantly gripe and whine about conformity, oppression & censorship, when the job of a moderator is to censor something they don't like or agree with. Are we not fighting for our freedom of speech, fighting against censorship? The moderators are censoring us to stop censorship (?). For example, let's just say that a moderator of the board is Jewish, and some Neo-Nazi makes an anti-Jewish post. The moderator, feeling threatened and offended, deletes or edits the post because he simply didn't like it. A perfect example of the manner in which the U.S. Government performs "You can say whatever you want...as long as we agree with it. Otherwise, you're outta here!"
While I do understand why the moderators must censor some things, due to the many idiots out there who have no business within a mile of a computer with Internet access, I still find it hypocritical and taking after the actions of the government.
Anyway, I appreciate the efforts of the board staff, but uh...yeah. Once again, just thought I would bring this to attention. Comments are welcome!

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 04:11 PM
link   
there must be a consequence for everything.
otherwise, it would be an anarchy.
as i said before... this is a privately owned site, and it is in the best interest of the moderators and admins to maintain quality postings.
if people want to post offensive material that aren't relevant to the topics of this site, there are many places that are available for them throughout the web.

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 04:42 PM
link   
First off, allow me to welcome you to ATS LOBO - hope you stick around. I will say that we ask members to adhere to the �terms and conditions of use� policy this community has in place. As it�s been said posting here is a privilege and at times the moderators and admins are required to delete or edit a post. I do think however these instances are rare and I am sure that most members would agree with that. Nor are posts edited or deleted because we simply don�t like it or agree with it. We let most posts slide (perhaps more than we should) just look at all the posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the �theme� of ATS

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS as well.

However..let me say this:

*Bastard-Mode ON*

This site is NOT the USA...so this whole American concept of Freedom of Speech and people demanding it is worth two shytes in a bucket for all I care.

I'm not American and really couldn't give a toss about anyone throwing any 'Dammit I'm an American and can say what I like' in my face.

This website has rules...rules that are enforced...while personally I believe in a decent level of free speech...no Freedom of Speech Laws, Acts, Rights etc extend here. The extent of any 'free speech' is not set by any Congress or Legal System...but principally by the Webmaster and those people he has ellected to Administrate/Moderate his site.

*Bastard-Mode OFF*

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 27-12-2002 by alien]

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hate to say it LOBO but I agree with Alien.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Even if this site is not a democracy,it is not a dictatorship also. So, where is the problem ?

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 02:14 PM
link   
LOBO, what in God's name are you talking about?

"A perfect example of the manner in which the U.S. Government performs "You can say whatever you want...as long as we agree with it. Otherwise, you're outta here!"

So are you saying that if I felt GWB was a homosexual (This is just for arguments sake, I don't really believe this
) and I called him one in public I would be reprimanded? Or how about if I held a peaceful protect because I disagreed with the governments judicial system? Would I be expelled out of the country? I think you really need to think about that statement.

P.S. Again, I didn't really mean or tend to do any of those things I mentioned they were there just for arguments sake.

new topics

top topics

join