It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neanderthal Man Speaks After 30,000 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
A florida anthropologist claims he has recreated the speech of neanderthal man by recreating his vocal cords through as synthesizer.
Go to the links to hear the sound:

www.cnn.com...

www.foxnews.com...

So far he only has the one sylable but says that soon he will have a full sentence. Dont know what to make of it but sounds fascinating and opens the door to further research on the subject.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I was kinda hoping for Kermit the frog. I suppose he'll eventually sound more like Stephen Hawking though?

You would think they would have done more than this recording to display they're findings. I would have thought them to be closer to monkeys and apes though.
Until they can clone or reverse human DNA to that period, it seems too soon to make these kind of claims.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah I would have done alot more before posting my findings, but maybe for some reason it just couldnt wait. I still find it highly interesting though...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So, from this audio file, we may postulate that Neanderthal man had cojones the size of BB's.

Please excuse me. I'm feeling terribly silly today. It's almost Friday.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Lol.....
.....Even though the vowels in speech werent used, I am not seeing how that is relative to the sound off of the vocal chord itself. The way we stretch our vocal chords when using air, would appear to affect the actually pitch. There are people over the country that use diffrent or little vowels and dont particularly sound like that. Possibly they used their diaphragm and lungs differently or lung capacity as well as the difference in there nasal pasages affected this ..look at the link

Vocal Chord

top topics

join