It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Explanations Considered (coz I don't have a clue)!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Before you all groan 'not another damn ghost pic' and click onto another thread, just take a look at the 2 photographs below. I don't know if it's a fault with the camera (a bog-standard digital - Packard Bell 2.0 mega pixel); but there is nothing similar on other pic's taken the same day ... or it could be light distortion (but then the anomoly would appear in both shots) ... or it could be what is commonly known in paranormal circles as 'ectoplasm' (I am personally aware of 2 spirits in the building but they are both downstairs and the photo's were taken upstairs). So, I am open to suggestions ... any offers ?

[Back Story];

The location is 'The Black Swan' - c1500's; (the oldest pub in the ancient market town I like to call home), that is run by my oldest son.

Downstairs in the bar, doors open and close on their own so often, I don't even bother to turn around anymore. I have seen 2 ghosts there (1) is a man wearing a long black cloak and wide brimmed hat, who tends to stand in the doorway that leads from the bar to the passageway leading to the kitchen ... he doesn't do anything, just stands and observes (although he could be responsible for the door-slamming and footsteps often heard in the other passageway, I honestly don't know). (2) is a young girl ... who you literally feel the presence of, before you catch a glimpse of her because she has such a 'bubbly' energy. Her territory seems to be around the fireplace area.

The overall energy downstairs is best described as 'lively' ... certainly not malicious. But upstairs with it's warren of rooms and passageways feels totally different. I still wouldn't go as far as to say the energy up there is malevolent ... but it definately has a more sinister feel to it. To the point where I will only go up there alone when I know there is someone downstairs (and trust me - having experienced the paranormal all my life - I am not easily unnerved).

Last week I decided to do a spot of 'ghost-hunting' upstairs just to see if I could pick anything specific up. I know that a previous landlord had used 'ouija boards' in one of the room's (the one that protrudes over the porch in the photo above) ... and that several people have reported seeing an old man in there (one of the cleaners saw him so clearly she thought he was a resident and appologized for the intrusion - just before he vanished in front of her eyes
poor thing). My compass was very active in this room but nothing showed-up on the photo that I took in there except a strange blotch on the wall beside one of the original doors (but this could possibly have been reflection),

My compass was active in 4 of the 7 rooms and several photo's showed orbs (but nothing outstanding or jaw-dropping).

However, there is one room which has always struck me as weird ... it's not used as a bedroom ... but looks as if it may have been used as an office at sometime, although where it is situated would make this impracticle on many levels. The strangest attribute to this small room is that the only window in it does not look outside ... but into the internal passageway (as you can see from the photo's below).

And this brings me to the whole reason for this thread. I took the first photo (as I did in all the rooms) ... but because it's such a maze up there I took another photo (forgetting I'd already taken one :duh
. There was maybe 15 - 20 mins between shots.

Photograph 1; is how it really looks ....

Photograph 2; is not (spot the diliberate mistake) ???

What do you think the white line/tube coming over the door and gathering in a sort of blob is ?

Looking forward to your offerings (whether mudane or paranormal), so I can solve the riddle.

Thanks in advance. Woody

More pictures from this location and elswhere can be found on my website (just click the link in my signature).

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm sure you will tell me it's not, but it looks to me like a light swith protruding from the wooden wall, with the electrical line (wire) going up to the ceiling or something.

Besides, it's all blurry. Can't you make better pictures with your camera? I mean, no offence really, but my old 7 year old camera makes way neater pictures, even in poor light!

Could you please provide us with more pics, especially different angles? (or would that corroborate the light switch version?
)

btw, it seems to be a nice little building indeed

[Edit:]
Simply forgot to mention, but it seems clear to me: the door is closed on the first picture, and it's open on the second, hence why I think of a light switch in the corridor.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by SpookyVince]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Hi SV,

I just read through your post and drafted my reply to the points you made before posting ... thanks for replying ... and Yes! it's a beautiful building.

I had sound responses to each point you made ... then I came to your 'edit' ...

OMG How stupid do I feel

You are absolutley right ... door open on one ... door closed on other

Please excuse my 'brain-fart' and maybe a MOD would like to close/remove this thread ... THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED.

Thanks for clearing that up ... I bet you were expecting me to be all 'precious' about the photo weren't you ?

I'm one of the rare ones who really does look for alternative explanations before accepting something is 'paranormal' ... as soon as I read your suggestion and looked back at the photo's it looked so obvious ... couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it before.

Any chance your 7yr old could give me camera lessons ... or maybe you know a good optition ???

Thanks again (a red faced) Woody

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

7 year old is the camera, my camera is 7 year old...

And yes, sometimes, it's so obvious... OK my 2 cents proved to be worth a bit more on this one then? Right day to play the euromillions!

Good luck with the other ghosts that said, but that one is just a mundane thing I'm afraid. Good day!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You go play for the euromillions ... I think I should have stayed in bed today (thinking your 7yr old was your child ) Oh dear !

But seriously, I thank-you for pointing out the obvious that eluded me.

Woody

top topics

join