It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agency Is Under Pressure to Develop Disaster Housing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Agency Is Under Pressure to Develop Disaster Housing

www.nytimes.com

After the federal government announced in February that it would no longer use travel trailers to house the victims of future disasters, there was an initial sense of relief along the hurricane-scarred Gulf Coast.

The flimsy little white boxes are unpleasant to live in and tainted with toxic formaldehyde fumes. And they cost the federal government billions of dollars.

But that relief quickly turned to exasperation when it became clear that the government did not have an ... [con't]
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ap.google.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FEMA suspends use of disaster trailers

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

[con't] ... immediate backup plan. Without the trailers, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has no reliable way to rush immediate shelter to thousands of victims of an earthquake, or a wildfire, or another catastrophic hurricane.

More reason to come up with your own plan in case of disaster, because its obvious our Government doesn't have one for you. Aren't you glad to see your tax dollars in action?

I'd like to see your thoughts and comments.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
These are the exact same kind of trailers that people go out and buy everyday. You are suppose to let them air out.

Personally, if i were homeless from an event of some kind, I would of been so thankful for the trailer. To me its better than a tent and its a roof over my head!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
sorry double post

[edit on 12-4-2008 by Shar]

new topics

top topics

join