It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to go about dreaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I rarely remember my dreams, mabye once a month I will remember a dream so I am asking what would you suggest I do to begin remembering my dreams more. I don't want lucid dreaming or anything I just want to remember then because when you hardly ever have them like me they are a novelty.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
try eating cheese before you go to bed! and also tell your self you are going to remember, keep a pen and pad by your bed and write down anything you remember as soon as you wake up!

you could try hypnosis if you really want to do it, they could help you, not to remember dreams past but to train you to remember future ones

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by realism

\
Thanks for the info. Is the cheese thing based on anything or is it from personal experiance or a belief of yours (sounds kinda stupid but on ATS you have to ask).

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
You will only remember your dreams if you awake directly from REM sleep, then focus on recalling them. Sleep stages follow a pattern, and most folks go into REM roughly around 12:00, 03:00, and 05:00-07:00. If you go into any other stage of sleep prior to waking up you will forget what you dreamt. Also if you have something that prevents you from attaining REM sleep such as severe sleep apnea, or taking a REM suppressant, you will not dream at all. You can check out what I am telling you by doing some research into sleep medicine/Polysomnography.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
HM, double post for some reason.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
sorry darlin, no proof... just an old wives tale i'm afraid, but it works for me!

No harm in trying it really, then you could be the proof!!

top topics

join