It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug to protect against radiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Known as CBLB502, and so far tested in animals, it switches on a biological mechanism that helps healthy cells survive blasts of radiation.

It's being developed to reduce side-effects for people on radiotherapy.
It works by stopping the protein that causes cell suicide when under radiation.
The problem is that it can help defective cells to survive, that could later cause more cancer.

The drug may also be useful in protecting against fall out from a nuclear disaster, such as Chernobyl, or the effects of a terrorist "dirty bomb".

What's your opinion? Sounds like one more item for your nuclear shelter list, huh?

[edit on 11-4-2008 by kingsnake]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There is another thread along these lines somewhere, sorry to bring you down dude.

I believe i also made the comparision of RadX to fallout.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Iodine pills were disturbted here in ireland to protect us in case the Nuclear power plant in sellifield england ever had a meltdown
2 years after they sent them out to every house in the country reports came that they did nothing to protect you from radation,
So i wouldnt trust these

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Oddly enough drugs are not needed... Iodine is effective but then so is Miso. The Japanese doctors who went to ground zero at both Heiroshima and Nagasaki to treat the survivors ate miso soup every day and none of them ever came down with radiation sickness.

top topics

join