It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you fly in your dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
hey everybody.
So every few months i have a very vivid/lucid dream where i am flying. I slowly float up to my ceiling as if im in zero gravity. I can push off of the wall and ceiling and float around my room. I can vividly remember the texture of the wall and ceiling when i wake up. If i can get to a window ill go through it and fly around town.
Its a really fun time.

When it comes up in conversation with friends it seems that its a pretty common experience(at least with my friends)....anyway im curious and my questions are

how many of you experience this?

what do yout think it represents? I cant find any info on the net

has anyone or anyone you know of set up a camera and videotapped themselves during a lucid dream? Id like to know what a persons actions are during them, no i dont think youll be flying around the room or anything

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I stopped doing that after i experienced an orbital drop.

It's nice, sure - but you get used to it too quickly.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yeah, i have fly-dreams regurlarly, but just try this; get a pack of cards and put one on a place where you cannot see which one it is. When you have that dream again just try and see what card it is and when you wake up check again. If it's the same one it may be more then a floating dream

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Used to often, not so much anymore. Freud said dreams of flying are often sexually oriented. Don't know about that though.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
flying dreams are the best.mine are always the same.i start out just knowing how to fly,like taking giant steps on the moon.then i think why can i do this,at that instant i can't do it anymore.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Funny you should bring this up.

As a child, I did it quite frequently, and have no idea how or why, nor did I ever discuss it with my folks. I stopped doing it regularly as a kid around 9 or 10 yo. And as an adult, I've done it very very few times. As best as I can recollect, the last time was last summer some time.

I think it is just an anomaly from what the Lord created for us.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't "fly" so much, as "spin around in circles".... I'm in the air and instead of going where i want, I end up spinning around.....

You know those rides at the fair? The ones that spin around? Thats what it feels like.... I've tried to control where I go....but that is still a work in progress...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I fly in dreams. I havnt for a while though. But its really weird. I do all this flying and then all of a sudden I cant fly any more - then I wake up all frustrated lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I usually fly with "someone" who wants to show me the sights.

My last experience took me half way around the world- and visited countries i never would have otherwise....i even spoke their language!!!

It was something else!!!

new topics

top topics

join