It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common misconceptions of the New Age Movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
1. Creating reality with your thoughts
You can't literally create matter with your thoughts. Your thoughts force certain "right" action. Literally translated if you think like those that are in this messed up world you will create this messed up world, Get it? Alternatively if you think with love always as the background, you will create a world filled with love, Get it? Enough of this shooting fireballs type mentaility and using that type of take to combat love. It's ridiculous in both senses. We need to be practical, yet open. Everyone needs to do their part to awaken themselves and dismissing thing without doing your own investigation and confirmation makes you sheep and part of the current problem. Everyone do your part.

2. Love has nothing to do with sex
The sex part of any feeling of love is false. It is your minds creation. Love is intelligent. Love is thinking. Love is understanding. Everything that creates goodness inside and around you is love. Sex is often quite the opposite of all those things and has nothing to do with love. Love is personally understanding someone is right, without just agreeing with their position. Doing something internal and aligning yourself with what you see as true, whether it be what he is saying or opposed to it. If opposed you should actively seek the person see it your way and site evidence and meaning for them to change their ways. This is love.

3. The new age movement is about unity.
Think of it like this. A bee hive with a hive mind and understanding, yet each individual can think for it self and move accordingly. Everyone has their purpose and should serve that purpose by first "Denying Ignorance" then learning about who you are, for you and only you, to serve the purpose of the "hive" and the future of humanity. This is the unity we speak of.

Find the truths in ancient religions, to find our true nature. We are not all material. there is something else.
Whether you beleive in the deep past and how deep the secrets the gov't contain are of atlantis. You can take some of the bible along with other major ancient religions on the continents of the earth. Native americans, along with Native mexicans; Early christians and muslims; Buddhism; Indeginous people everywhere. Find the symbolic meaning and the truths in the ancient religions behind all the culture. There is meaning and truth everywhere. Look for it. It will find you.

Feel free to add your misconceptions and views. = )

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
To have a concept is to have a misconception.

No one is ever 100% correct.

There is no such thing as a 'perfect' answer.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlakSheep

3. The new age movement is about unity.
Think of it like this. A bee hive with a hive mind and understanding, yet each individual can think for it self and move accordingly. Everyone has their purpose and should serve that purpose by first "Denying Ignorance" then learning about who you are, for you and only you, to serve the purpose of the "hive" and the future of humanity. This is the unity we speak of.

. = )

So are you saying you are for a new age movement of unity? Who will lead this new age movement, even if we act individually and deny ignorance I think you'll find in most movements people will look to a leader eventually for guidance. How will the "hive" know they are thinking in unity?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have always had a thirst for knowledge and truth. I didn't need a leader to show me it. So I cant say what the right thing to do for those people is. Try to follow someone worth following until you can search for truth on your own. Perhaps thats half the battle... realizing that there is a battle at all.

Also, this "new age movement" or what we will call the movement for a better way of life is not the "perfect" answer. It is the next step in human awareness. Mark these words... there will be a mass rebellion. The question is what will be your role. This current perdicament is a natural step in human evolution. Scientists have concluded our brain can not grow any bigger and still function as it does. Meaning our brain size is at its peak, we are no longer developing physical manifestations. We are developing awareness and a deepening of our potential as well as the end of the age of control and dominance. Leader and follow will soon be a thing of the past. Although it will take some time.

This is my belief and fits with my view that "god" is not an angry benevolent being, but all knowing and all loving and everywhere in everything. The bad is to strengthen us.

Atoms and galaxies are gears to bring about life. Life is a gear to bring about awareness. Awareness is a gear to bring about... we are working towards that now. And whether or not you feel it personally, see it around you and respect it as our future. Understand it.

Look into the esoteric agenda, the illuminati and their agenda. They are a strong powerful force to overcome, but when we get over that mountain we will be stronger than before. Changed...

Look for what is good. What is it that scares people from love? Yet we all flock to fear. There is nothing to fear. Once you realize you apart of something bigger, death is realized as just a phase, my concious will continue. All of our conciousnessess will continue, if you accept yourself for something more than you are and work towards it, you will not be denied.

If we are just floating on a rock in space as an anomoly and our lives will end when the universe sees fit, then why bother doing anything good. What drives us to sustain? Think about that. There is knowledge being kept from us. Be aware of that if nothing else.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by BlakSheep]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlakSheep
I have always had a thirst for knowledge and truth. I didn't need a leader to show me it. So I cant say what the right thing to do for those people is. Try to follow someone worth following until you can search for truth on your own. Perhaps thats half the battle... realizing that there is a battle at all.

Also, this "new age movement" or what we will call the movement for a better way of life is not the "perfect" answer. It is the next step in human awareness. Mark these words... there will be a mass rebellion. The question is what will be your role. This current perdicament is a natural step in human evolution. Scientists have concluded our brain can not grow any bigger and still function as it does. Meaning our brain size is at its peak, we are no longer developing physical manifestations. We are developing awareness and a deepening of our potential as well as the end of the age of control and dominance. Leader and follow will soon be a thing of the past. Although it will take some time.

This is my belief and fits with my view that "god" is not an angry benevolent being, but all knowing and all loving and everywhere in everything. The bad is to strengthen us.

Look into the esoteric agenda, the illuminati and their agenda. They are a strong powerful force to overcome, but when we get over that mountain we will be stronger than before. Changed...

Look for what is good. What is it that scares people from love? Yet we all flock to fear. There is nothing to fear. Once you realize you apart of something bigger, death is realized as just a phase, my concious will continue. All of our conciousnessess will continue, if you accept yourself for something more than you are and work towards it, you will not be denied.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by BlakSheep]

Yes I agree with you on most points but how you can expect people all over the world to awaken to this and all move in the right direction without any central direction is a bit too much to ask of them really. Alot of people are becoming more spiritually awakened of this I have no doubt, I am one of these people. You have put it very well that our brains can no longer develop physically they must develop spiritually now.

You have very strong views for someone who has just joined ATS, 5.4.08 I see. I hope you are not an old member under a new name shall we say. Why do you feel the way you do? Did this prompt you to join ATS?

Yes we would be better without the leader/follower mentality but how else can people exist. We need structure in our lives Im afraid or it leads to anarchy, people loot shops and steal from peoples houses. Im not saying our leaders and the NWO are good but how you can expect to bring about a change in them from a rebellion that would probably be quashed I do not know. Im not been a defeatest just a realist.

Like I say Ive got my eye on you , your views and who you may or may not be.

top topics

join