It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lee Hamilton denies Michael Mukasey's claim about 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Lee Hamilton denies Michael Mukasey's claim about 9/11

www.salon.com

Apr. 08, 2008 | I just received the following statement from the Vice Chairman of the 9/11 Commission, Rep. Lee Hamilton, in response to my inquiries last week (and numerous follow-up inquiries from readers here) about Attorney General Michael Mukasey's claims about the 9/11 attack and, specifically, about Mukasey's story that there was a pre-9/11 telephone call from an "Afghan safe house" into the U.S. that the Bush administration failed to intercept or investigate:

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Simply stated:

"In light of Hamilton's amazing comment, could journalists possibly now report on this story? One of two things is true about Mukasey's extraordinary claim about how and why the 9/11 attacks occurred. Either:

(1) The Bush administration concealed this obviously vital episode from the 9/11 Commission and from everyone else, until Mukasey tearfully trotted it out last week; or,

(2) Mukasey, the nation's highest law enforcement officer, made this story up in order to scare and manipulate Americans into believing that FISA and other surveillance safeguards caused the 9/11 attacks and therefore the Government should be given more unchecked spying powers. "

There are no other choices. Personally I am going with number 2. This is another instance of the Decider using the 911 tragedy to implement his policies.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join