It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mondex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am sure you all heard of this, or at least hope you guys have.

If not en.wikipedia.org...

I have some evidence that this was going to be used as the first base for a cashless society back in 1997-1998, as the cities of New York, Guelph Ontario (where I am from) and Hong Kong have had test runs with it. To see if it could get popular, as this is exactly what the Illuminati and NWO guys wanted, but it didn't work.

www.mondex.org...

What happened?

These Mondex cards were essentially smart cards, in place of cash, there was a balance on it as well as a card reader and whatnot.

My theories on these are multiple.

The first was it wasn't received because everyone preferred cash over carrying another card in their purse or wallet.

In a town like Guelph back then there were hardly any big box stores, lets say we are famous for fighting Wal-Mart for 10 years as well as other big box stores. This could have lead to the downfall of Mondex due to lack of selection for stores to actually use it in.

I find it was just lack of support for the product, the world wasn't ready, and still isn't ready for cashless society, I wouldn't feel comfortable using a card like that due to it could be lost or pin number stolen etc.

new topics

join