It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Miss Bimbo" Destruction Of The Young Woman's Psyche?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I read this article about Miss Bimbo today and didn't know much about it. From what I read it sounds like a video game on a website geared for young women. The article says "big media started heralding Miss Bimbo as the catalyst of destruction for the young female psyche". Who agrees with this? From what I read its just a game. Could it possible be that bad for the young women of america? Has anyone seen this game? Here is a link to the story msnbc

[edit on 1-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by schism85

People are freaking out because in the game, the girls have plastic surgery.......starve themselves...............to look good.

They fear some girls will do the same in real life.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
When this appeared on BBC morning news, i thought to myself "Well, the guy who did this is obviously taking advantage of the way that people raise their kids in this day and age".

They even interviewed the c#nt and he blathered on for about 3 minutes about how it was perfectly legitimate and that the individuals who use his website were free to do so however they wished.

I'm seeing a recurring pattern between the downfall of society and stupid but profitable ideas.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The problem with taking that site down, is what about other games.

I like first person shooters, need they all be taken down because someone "might" go postal after playing??

Personlly, i get all my agression out on the game and feel calmer after playing.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Hmph, you've just reminded me of why it's so important to keep my gun sights on every single person i see when a SitX occurs.

You ain't gonna be playing videogames when the metaphorical poo-poo hits the whirring blades of irony.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I play video games too. I bought Kayne & Lynch for Ps3. Its online multiplayer allows you to rob banks with your fellow online buddies. I must say I have not attempted to rob a bank and probably never will. And if one day I decided I wanted to rob a bank it would'nt be because I played a video game, its because I'm broke. Maybe the problem here isn't the game, maybe its the circumstances surrounding someones life, and the way a person thinks. Even if they are young, they should be able to realize this is just a game. Young women are going through the whole high school thing, and the pressure from having to fit in, and with boys make them think that they are held to a certain standard. That standard nowadays is looking like a Paris Hilton figure.

Young women just need to get past the whole standards of high school and Holywood and realize that life is not all about that.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's not the game that gets girls to do this. This has been the new fad for awhile now, being a bimbo to fit in. God people just need to quit worrying about what everyone thinks.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This game is sortof a joke. I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously, or even played by teens.

AFAIK it hasn't been rated yet, but even if it gets a mild rating of TEEN I wouldn't be surprised. Just look at the content of some PG-13 movies and compare. Hell, even cartoons and sitcoms these days focus too much on appearing "sexy". Kids are already watching that stuff, they might as well make the progression into video games.

If parents are concerned they shouldn't buy it for their kids. Don't blame the game or tv makers for giving people what they want.

And yes, I think it's bad for teens. I don't think the Disney channel is any better though.

[edit on 4/1/2008 by Kruel]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have played grand theft auto series of games. you rob/steal/beat people up...........

Just becase i do it in a game, does not mean i will do it in real life, but some will.

Remember the old stories of some kids jumping out windows saying i am superman, they were not.

For those, if not a game, a tv show, book........

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Yeah. But that is a small minority of people that takes these games to reality. The majority shouldn't have to suffer because some idiot thinks he is superman or whatever. Insane people do insane things.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
removed drunken nonsense

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
While I think the concept for the game is pretty idiotic and I can't imagine why a parent would want his or her daughter to play it, I don't see how it is any worse than what the kids see on TV. The idiot women that are glamorized on MTV reality shows and the like do far more damage than any game like this can. Little girls watch MTV and think that is how they need to act to be cool. Stupid and slutty.

It isn't just MTV though, it is everywhere. It is so prevalent that peer pressure then becomes a factor. Girls are now pressured by their friends to be stupid and slutty or they won't fit in.

Pop culture is utterly idiotic these days. It really does disgust me to see the complete lack of values anymore.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I really think it's a little silly to want to ban this, if parents cant trust their own child's state of mind, then thats the PARENTS responsibilty, to not allow them to play it. Banning a site like that will stop freedom of speech on the internet, the main thing is what's next? Like I said, it's a individual thing, so it's really up to the parents and the child's psychology.

I don't know about you guys but even at 10 years old I knew the difference between games and real life. You people don't give children enough credit, you all act like they are dumb, children are very clever, do you remember how you were as a child. I remember the disrespect adults gave us, and how they thought we were dumb and didn't have a mind of our own.

I was James Bond when I was like 14 (Goldeneye). But I've never had the desire to go out and find me a gun, and make love to beautiful evil women. Well the last part might be a lie haha.

Edit: But I must say, what I'm most worried about is the breast implants, there is really no need for that in the game, especially if it's aimed at kids. Whats the point. I HATE fake boobs, no offence to those girls out there who have it, just a personal opinion. I just want girls to remember that nature has made their body beautiful, if you change that and stick plastic crap inside of it, it looks un-natural. And un-natural isnt beautiful. Simply doesn't look good!

[edit on 2-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber

Hmph, you've just reminded me of why it's so important to keep my gun sights on every single person i see when a SitX occurs.

You ain't gonna be playing videogames when the metaphorical poo-poo hits the whirring blades of irony.

What does that mean???

It doesn't make any sense?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It means that if he spends all his aggression on videogames he's never going learn how to control his aggression when he hasn't been playing videogames for, oh - never again.

At least, depending on the potential destruction that can be caused by a SitX.

It's all well and good stopping yourself from going postal, but what're you gonna do when the normal everyday people who live in your cities, towns and villages decide all of a sudden to go postal?

new topics

top topics

join